Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Poll

Should I buy a kilt?

Hells yeah doggie, get your kilt on!
- 9 (39.1%)
Are you all TWISTY on GREEN?
- 9 (39.1%)
Whatever, FAG.
- 5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: May 21, 2004, 07:59:16 pm


Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: This Poll Is Not About #####  (Read 9734 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2004, 03:10:21 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I guess what I'm saying is, if you are a transvestite already,

You aren't judging, are you?


Nice for changing my context:

"I guess what I'm saying is, if you are a transvestite already, then the kilt is probably a step more conservative, actually. Wear what you like."

/not judging.

I was only trying to make sure that you are cool with transvestites.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2004, 04:28:15 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Okay, I hate to even say this, because this is not the kind of thing to which I'm usually attracted, but this boy looks fine in his kilt.  


True story, that is.  Can I change my vote to pro-kilt?  I voted before I saw the photo, and I was basing my opinion on the day after the school rugby team came back from Scotland.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2004, 07:38:04 am »

It's still 9-7-4. COME ON PEOPLE. MIXED MESSAGES ABOUND!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2004, 10:40:36 am »

Half of the people who voted pro-kilt are either somewhat malicious, curious, or just enjoy odd things, I'm guessing. It's like when I told my friend with the patchy beard that he should just let it grow to see what happened.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2004, 10:50:22 pm »

Well, reasonable people who want to be taken seriously in the world will not wear a kilt in the U.S. because it's odd and will mark you as a freak.

However, college kids can pretty much get away with any fashion faux pas, since people assume that they don't know shit from shinola anyway.

So do what thou wilt, as long as you don't mind getting your ass kicked by rednecks.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2004, 01:16:39 am »

I think you should make tiny pånts for each leg.  SAY IT!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2004, 03:58:05 am »

My last comment on this ridiculous subject -

The times that I have worn a skirt, it's been because the girls I've been with at Moments X,Y,etc happened to find the whole concept of a skinny long-haired guy in a skirt quite to their liking. Women have all kinds of secret Thinkings-About that they will never ever admit to anyone, except when they do, and then watch out. Don't even try and lie, ladies. But one wants to be attractive. And one will happily accept shortcuts. HAVING SAID THAT

I did think, while wearing a skirt, "damn, this is actually pretty comfortable in ways" (much as teepees are better, in ways, c.f. the end of Mars Attacks!). I then also thought, "it's a damned shame that my wearing skirts is not, in this day and age, at all practical". Let's face it. If you're a guy wearing a skirt out in public on a regular basis, you either live in an extremely insulated community or do a lot of work in the theatre (-re suffix retained intentionally). Generally, we sacrifice ventilation for not having to shave our legs. And that feels fair.

Bozack, you talk about loose-lipped golden-agers with clit piercings and frank discussions of racy photos at your workplace, to say nothing of your own "gay raver from outer space" (admit it) costume at some sort of company photo-op. If you think you can pull off a utility skirt / kilt / whatever, fuck*ng do it. From the sounds of things, your wearing a skirt in the straight-up sex-fiend environment you somehow tumbled ass-over-teakettle into giving you money for showing up sounds like it could only be a positive.

EDIT: I STILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ADVERBS
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2004, 12:16:09 pm »

Theater is the building or space.

Theatre is the act or process.


Just thought I'd clear that up. Both have discrete meanings, and neither is pompous, if both are used correctly.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2004, 06:56:45 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Theater is the building or space.

Theatre is the act or process.


Just thought I'd clear that up. Both have discrete meanings, and neither is pompous, if both are used correctly.


However, the correcting party may or may not sound pompous while doing the correcting....nothin' but love, Choop....

Carry on.

Also, in light of the recent favorite words thread: discrete is an awesome word and one of those words that separates the power users of the english language from the wannabes, who will tend to indiscriminately interchange 'discrete' and 'discreet'.


ps. As a former STD/HIV counselor and investigator, believe me, I'm down with transvestites, as well as intersexuals, transgendered people, and the whole dandy rainbow of people in minority groupings of gender identity and sexuality. I totally miss that whole scene because it is never ever boring (although it is often overly dramatic).
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2004, 09:21:58 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Theater is the building or space.

Theatre is the act or process.


Just thought I'd clear that up. Both have discrete meanings, and neither is pompous, if both are used correctly.


However, the correcting party may or may not sound pompous while doing the correcting....nothin' but love, Choop....

Carry on.



Well played, friend! Ah-ha-ha-HA-HA-HA!!!</Lipton>
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2004, 10:02:07 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Also, in light of the recent favorite words thread: discrete is an awesome word and one of those words that separates the power users of the english language from the wannabes, who will tend to indiscriminately interchange 'discrete' and 'discreet'.


That and disinterested/uninterested.  How I love being a Jr. Grammar Ranger.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2004, 04:36:46 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
That and disinterested/uninterested.  How I love being a Jr. Grammar Ranger.


When the Revolution comes, you people will be first against the wall.

PEOPLE OF THE WORLD, ORGRANIZE!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2004, 10:17:10 pm »

I spent a highly frustrating ten minutes during one afternoon of high school Student Congress trying  to convince another school's delegate that "simple" and "simplistic" did not actually mean the same thing. I am still proud that the words "total fuck*ng dumbass" never came up.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2004, 02:36:19 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I spent a highly frustrating ten minutes during one afternoon of high school Student Congress trying  to convince another school's delegate that "simple" and "simplistic" did not actually mean the same thing. I am still proud that the words "total fuck*ng dumbass" never came up.


they say that the youth of today are our future leaders of tomorrow.

your anecdote would seem to explain much.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up