Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The Avatar of Dorian Gray  (Read 9454 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« on: June 20, 2004, 12:37:59 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Nice Avatar Linnea.  Is it a self-portrait?


And is that a frog in your hand or what??


Heh! Why, yes indeedy, it is a self-portrait.

And that is not a frog, it is my beloved kitty, Lennybruce. ^_^

I got the avatar here: http://illustmaker.abi-station.com/index_en.shtml. Don't be intimidated by the seemingly long list of features...although it takes a long time to make one (about four and a half minutes). They are rad.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 02:55:25 pm »

Quote from: "linnea"
I got the avatar here: http://illustmaker.abi-station.com/index_en.shtml. Don't be intimidated by the seemingly long list of features...although it takes a long time to make one (about four and a half minutes). They are rad.


I've used that thingy before.  Most disconcerting.


Edit:  According to my closest approximation and the other-thingy Choop linked to, I look like this:

Sorta.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 05:31:12 pm »



Except for the hair (they had no mini-pompadors, and no dirty blonde colour) this looks surprisingly like me.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 06:03:58 pm »

Except for the cigarette (which we can pretend is a joint) and a coffee, it looks nothing like me.
The shades are totally different, the hair's all wrong, the face shape is wrong, the nose is wrong, the ears are wrong...

Apart from that though...



I was very, very bored, and am now desperately trying not to think...

Addition: At least this one features some more anime hairstyle, and allows purple...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 06:30:32 pm »



That's about as close as I can get.

Here's another site I made an avatar from a while back:



Meh.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 06:58:25 pm »

See, everyone looks remarkably far more like their than I do mine...
Except maybe yours Andalucia?

It's probably because they don't offer either a suitable purple or anime style quiff.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2004, 08:25:08 pm »

This was strangely fascinating.

I don't know if this looks like me, but it does capture the vague look of confusion and distress that is characteristic at the moment, and I like the odd small mammal.



Also I am standing in front of a statue of a famous dog in Japan, where I'd much rather be than here right now.  It's kind of stupid that they make your head cover the important part of the background picture, but I know it's there and that's what counts.

ps Surely time to split this thread...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2004, 09:34:11 pm »

Heh, thanks to the mods for making this a thread in its own right. <3
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2004, 11:36:23 pm »

Well, I fiddled with this for a while, and I wasn't quite able to make myself look like I didn't have Down Syndrome, but to be fair, this is also a problem with normal photos. Thus:



(The background represents our college's single Japanese classroom, in which I will have had classes for my entire undergraduate experience. It's like my home away from home.)
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 01:36:59 am »



Great. It thinks I'm Ladytron.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2004, 03:29:16 am »

Zart, is that a really thin 80s tie?

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2004, 04:07:09 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Zart, is that a really thin 80s tie?


You bet your White Irish Ass. Skinny monochromatic ties are all I'll wear, if I can find them; I know what works and I'm fuck*ng well sticking with it.

(I bought the tie five years ago, and have no actual idea when it rolled off the assembly line. Apologies to you and yours / budding socio-historians.)
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2004, 04:15:03 am »



How many people could be named Harvey PE-kar?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2004, 07:38:48 am »

Zartan's tie rocks my world.

This is all.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Avatar of Dorian Gray
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2004, 12:49:53 pm »

They didn't have anything between slight five o'clock shadow and full bushy beard with handlebar moustache, so this'll have to do.  

Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up