Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)  (Read 12648 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2004, 10:30:56 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I have to agree with Jamie: either sara is actually Jough, or Jough should elope with her, like, right now. No question.


Agreeing that Sara is actually Jough would be agreeing with my original observation of the similarities...But, if Jough has found a perfect match, hey, I come from a long line of elopers. Parents AND Grandparents. And a sister, too. Go for it, I say.
Logged

sara

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
    • http://plagiarist.com
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2004, 10:32:21 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
If Jough won't marry her, I will.  I hear they'd let us do it in Massachusetts now.


I'll um, take that under consideration.

Anyway, see if you can work the phrase "Jough marry her" into more posts.  I can't be a dishonest woman forever!  I can be made honest!  I swear!
Logged
Plagiarist.com Admin of the Week

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2004, 10:44:56 pm »

I just want a girl who can wear white without irony on her wedding day - is that so wrong?

Anyway, I tried to stay offline (and have been enjoying my time away from my computer, even if I've had the internet read aloud to me, and/or printed out for offline reading) but I got a call from an old client who needs me to update some work I did for him, so after I finish this proposal I'm offline again.

I've been enjoying not looking at this screen so much that I'm going to take next week off too.

One thing I've noticed is how hard it is to stay away from computers and internet-enabled devices.  I mean, I'm trying to make more phone calls now that I'm "offline" and even my damn phone has an internet connection.

Okay, no more of this.  I'm looking forward to going out tonight and not looking at a screen again until Friday.

However, the downside of this is that my insignificant other now cannot be pryed away from my PC.  I think she's just getting back at me for my previous weeks/months/years of her being a computer widow.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2004, 10:53:46 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I think she's just getting back at me for my previous weeks/months/years of her being a computer widow.


This cageyness is beautiful, but it does make me suspect that they're already married. Maybe a shotgun wedding?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2004, 11:54:20 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I just want a girl who can wear white without irony on her wedding day - is that so wrong?

*ahem* If I may paraphrase Miss Manners, my guide to these sorts of things:

White is considered the proper color for first marriages regardless of any physical considerations. It remains proper for later marriages as long as nobody calls you on it.

(I believe Miss Manner's literal quote is that a white wedding dress "was never meant to advertise the condition of the body inside it." Yes, I'm a nerd.)
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2004, 03:08:58 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
If Jough won't marry her, I will.  I hear they'd let us do it in Massachusetts now.

But . . . but . . .
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2004, 03:38:36 am »

...whothewhatthehuhthehow?

My internet goes down for a few days and all of a sudden Jough's special ladyfriend walks among us? Well, welcome, sara. Just for you, I'm changing my sig. :)
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2004, 03:40:41 am »

I just don't know what to make of all this.  About the only thing I can add is, it's difficult to type from a standing position.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2004, 04:36:21 am »

Damn, but there's some serious peer pressure going on in this thread.

I don't give a shit whether you marry her or not, Jough.  I just hope she keeps posting after you come back.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2004, 05:46:21 am »

Ha, yeah, I just like the idea of Jough slowly getting subliminal messages from me, every time I post.



or he could just ban me. that happens sometimes, too.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2004, 10:14:21 am »

I've created a monster.  I can't believe one flip comment turned this into the "Jough needs to marry sara" thread.  

C'mon, Jough, you know even if you *did* find a girl whom (a) you wanted to marry and (b) was "qualified" to wear white "without irony," you'd spoil it long before you made it to the altar.  

You dirty dogg.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2004, 11:37:21 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "wombat"
If Jough won't marry her, I will.  I hear they'd let us do it in Massachusetts now.

But . . . but . . .


Oh - right... Maybe it's Utah we need to be thinking about, then?

I hope we can get Asherdan the Breakfast-Making Man to come too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2004, 02:25:14 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "wombat"
If Jough won't marry her, I will.  I hear they'd let us do it in Massachusetts now.

But . . . but . . .


Oh - right... Maybe it's Utah we need to be thinking about, then?

I hope we can get Asherdan the Breakfast-Making Man to come too.

I'm so there. I can make breakfast too, but it would be nice to have someone spell me off and on.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2004, 02:52:33 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I can make breakfast too, but it would be nice to have someone spell me off and on.


He's right. There's only one way to settle this breakfast dispute - with a spell-off. The Winner, of course, not only gets the best breakdancing turf (Fotomat parking lot; footbridge near Aquatic Center), but will receive this handsome plaque donated by the Jaycees and a plastic mug full of Tootsie Rolls.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2004, 05:44:55 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I've created a monster.  I can't believe one flip comment turned this into the "Jough needs to marry sara" thread.

Well, let's be fair; this could still be the "Sara Appears To Be A Clone of Jough, and Thus It's Probably Illegal For Them To Get Married, Or At Least Sort of Immoral" thread.

which doesn't mean Jough shouldn't marry sara if she isn't an evil clone. or even if she is and he's kinky like that.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up