So, the Modest penis show basically killed. I didn't have super high hopes, because a friend of mine saw them and said that Isaac spent the whole concert screaming the lyrics through a megaphone. It greatly exceeded my expectations, however. Isaac played guitar/banjo/mandolin, there was an upright bass and violin, they played all sorts of beautiful songs (if you like them). The only problem was that they didn't do Cockroach.
The Vells and the Thermals opened. The Vells are from Seattle. I think the main guy is new to this music thing, as it appeared that he was not a particularly accomplished guitarist, and he sang with a very strange vocal style, as if he were in the witness protection program. The Thermals are a local power pop/punk band. They were cool.
Va: My suggestion for your friend would be Lonesome Crowded West, The Moon & Antarctica, or Good News. And maybe you should get one of those, too, just in case your friend comes over and wants to listen to them.
Also, I wore the Lyle shirt. I was cooler than anyone there.