Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 21978 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Kingdom of Loathing
« on: June 26, 2004, 08:21:36 pm »

So I've got three characters running around in there, between 6th and 8th level and I'm wondering if any of you are running a clan already or if I started one, you would be interested in joining up.

Yeah, I know. It's geeky. Every time I turn a corner in this game I laugh myself silly and I want to see where it goes.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 08:39:38 pm »

I'm running a clan at the moment -- it's primarily for my IRC homies and I, but if you're interested, I'd be willing to throw the name around. Thanks to our powergamer financial majordomo, we've got all the furniture set up; the only real risk is said majordomo entangling you in his latest scheme for ludicrous meat production, but hey, what's a little meat production between friends?

EDIT: I also have another alt who's in a clan that is kind of sluggish and communication-free. If we start up some sort of Clan Achehead, I could move her over to it.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 10:32:17 pm »

I'm game.  I've kind of quit playing much lately, but why not?  A clanmate is me!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 10:45:36 pm »

I have no idea what Kingdom of Loathing is. So I found the website and signed up. So I guess I play now? Damn my compulsive nature.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 10:58:14 pm »

I signed up awhile ago, but never really played.

So I'm game - but will we have to schedule to do it in real time or is this something we can contribute to at our leisure?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 11:00:50 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I signed up awhile ago, but never really played.

So I'm game - but will we have to schedule to do it in real time or is this something we can contribute to at our leisure?

The clan system is set up such that you don't have to be on at the same real time; there's basically a clan message board and stash, which accumulates Meat (to spend on furniture and booze) and items (to trade with your clanmates).

The only real-time thing I've really seen with clans involves buff-trading and craft-trading, but that's no big deal, really.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 11:01:32 pm »

Totally at your leisure.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 03:48:15 am »

Awesome.  Well, if I can do it at like, 5AM when my work is done then I'm totally down.  It looks like fun.

Let me know what I have to do to get started when the time comes.

Also I don't mean to sound like a clan freeloader, so if there's work to be done to get things in motion also let me know that.  I've just never played before so a little help would be appreciated.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 04:50:13 am »

Okay, I think this clan idea is go.

One question: AD, do you want to actually run the clan, or should I? I have a bit of clan-running experience and a level 11 Turtle Tamer to get things started, but I don't want to preempt you if you'd rather run this crazy thing.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2004, 09:16:54 am »

It's already up; Bozack is in there. I haven't sensed anything significantly complex about this, it will be awhile before any raiding is going on. I have donated a decent pile of goodies and the meat stash is at 26,500 at the moment.

Go to Clan Smuckles (and feel free to suggest better names and credos - it's headed by a Disco Bandit so the credo is not half bad) and look around.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2004, 10:54:46 pm »

Okay! I've taken the leap. Tibbiara, a level 11 Turtle Tamer, has now applied to join the ranks of the illustrious Clan Smuckles. May she be judged worthy and illustrious.

I'm personally not big into clan raids, more the "social environment, stuff-trading, and training" element, myself. With luck we can get our gym/calendar/meat tree on.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2004, 03:20:54 am »

We are <yay> close to a workout machine.  I think some other players are close to kicking in significant meat to the issue also.
 
See you soon

J
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 04:55:42 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
We are <yay> close to a workout machine.  I think some other players are close to kicking in significant meat to the issue also.

I'll probably be throwing some meat into the clan coffers, too; I've been killing yeti lately, and so I really have more money than I know what to do with. Helping the clan it is.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2004, 07:03:08 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'll probably be throwing some meat into the clan coffers, too; I've been killing yeti lately, and so I really have more money than I know what to do with. Helping the clan it is.


...Yesterday, I was killed TWICE by drunk rats. I HATE YOU!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2004, 08:17:23 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'll probably be throwing some meat into the clan coffers, too; I've been killing yeti lately, and so I really have more money than I know what to do with. Helping the clan it is.


...Yesterday, I was killed TWICE by drunk rats. I HATE YOU!

Drunken rats are actually pretty ridiculously hard for the level you get the quest. I think I just sort of let that one sit until I was level 4 or 5 -- at least, I let it sit after getting beaten up by drunken rats about 37 times.

Will it help that I'm using my monetary powers for good and not for evil, at least?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up