Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Character Blogs  (Read 29231 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2004, 10:19:02 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I can't read Cornelius' blog. Just can't. Don't know why -- too Bronte-esque, I suppose..


Ditto. But i think that reflects his true tight-ass spirit. There is no way Mr. Bear would write a blog that anyone would want to read.

and JL, that baby countdowner thingy? i'm all temped to use it like a slider and be all "pregnant.......not so pregnant......about to explode......concieved last night..."
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2004, 10:49:50 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
Quote from: "jldunston"
I can't read Cornelius' blog. Just can't. Don't know why -- too Bronte-esque, I suppose..


Ditto. But i think that reflects his true tight-ass spirit. There is no way Mr. Bear would write a blog that anyone would want to read.

I guess I'm some sort of mutant. I think I dig Mr. Bear's blog more than the rest. Of course, Nice Pete's has yet to go up, so we'll see.

Reading about Cornelius humiliating Ray night after night without being a complete dick about it is uttery amusing.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2004, 12:29:31 am »

Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "sailor"
Quote from: "jldunston"
I can't read Cornelius' blog. Just can't. Don't know why -- too Bronte-esque, I suppose..


Ditto. But i think that reflects his true tight-ass spirit. There is no way Mr. Bear would write a blog that anyone would want to read.

I guess I'm some sort of mutant. I think I dig Mr. Bear's blog more than the rest. Of course, Nice Pete's has yet to go up, so we'll see.

Reading about Cornelius humiliating Ray night after night without being a complete dick about it is uttery amusing.


If my grandpa had a blog, it would probably be a lot like Mr. Bear's, and I mean that in a good way.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2004, 03:21:18 am »

I find Mr. Bear's erudition exceedingly charming.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2004, 04:33:13 am »

What I like about the latest arc is getting to see both Mr. Bear's and Ray's reactions from their POV. Mr. Bear isn't overproud, just pleased with Ray's total inability to learn -- and Ray, as predicted, absolutely refuses to eat crow.

I confess that I am inordinately fond of Ray sometimes being hoisted on his own petard. It's a pleasant reminder that nobody in this universe is infallible.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2004, 11:49:31 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
The risotto war continues to make my pathetic life bearable.  Truly it is a grand time to be alive and have internet access.

I fear Nice Pete's blog.  There are some things we were not meant to know.


Apparently there's a picture of vomit. Are we supposed to know?
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2004, 04:07:00 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Nice Pete's initial blog entry both far exceeded and greatly underwhelmed my expectations.

Dude's set some kinda tone.

Given that Onstad lives in the same region as myself, I find myself morbidly intrigued as to whether I can identify which corner has been puked in.

Of course, that assumes he didn't just google for a picture of vomit. Let's see...

GIS for vomit

Hmmmm. Nope. I believe it is not unreasonable to assume 'stad took the picture himself.

For some reason I am reminded of one of the lesser-used stairwells at downtown Berkeley BART - "the auxilliary urinals" as the local transients seem to think of them. I can't remember if the floor has any cross-hatched metal, though.

There's still a large vomit-star drying in the middle of the Lafayette BART platform too. Maybe I'll take a picture and send it to him.

I'll bet he took this while he was visiting with Freezepop.

I will now stop analyzing a picture of vomit.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2004, 05:09:12 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Well, at least now we know his full name.

Redundantly.

I wonder what the H. stands for?


The "H" is for Homicide.  Or possibly Hank.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2004, 05:16:31 pm »

Hello, breakfast!  

Eeew.  

I wonder if Nice Pete's blog will be all pictoral?  

I wonder if that's Lyle's vomit?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2004, 05:51:53 pm »

Man, Onstad is ON FIRE.

I cannot keep up with *reading* all of these daily blogs.

Maybe the book deal has given him some new form of energy.  Or at least the advance given him the means to get better drugs.

I expect that it'll fade off after awhile, but this is just insane. The man's output over the past two weeks is... intimidating.

I wonder if he writes them all himself or has help?

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2004, 10:33:47 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

I wonder if he writes them all himself or has help?


"If you gave a million monkeys a million bottles of JD and a million G4's..."
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2004, 11:22:33 pm »

"It's so cute the way a dog is." Well, at least we know it ain't his vomit. Or Lyle's.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2004, 01:59:10 am »

So where the fuck is Teodor?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2004, 07:07:18 am »

If we knew what Teodor was doing it would undermine the sense of dread and paranoia in Chris's journal.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2004, 06:47:31 pm »

Quote from: "Molly"
Things are still tense, I can tell we're both brooding over this now-unmentionable issue. He knows it's still on my mind, he's not stupid.


Ah Molly, how female of you.  Beef forgot about this conversation 30 seconds after it was over.

I wonder when the characters will realize that they can read each other's blogs.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up