Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Character Blogs  (Read 29138 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2004, 10:32:01 pm »

I just have the blogs bookmarked in their own folder in Firefox, and open them all simultaneously in tabs.  That way, even if there's no new content, I can still look at the old entries and laugh.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Teodor's return
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2004, 02:22:40 am »

Looks like we have amusing dramatic irony vis-a-vis the Risotto War.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2004, 01:04:36 pm »

Quote from: "Molly"
As pathetic as Ray seems sometimes, it sure is handy to live near him.

Molly wins! Molly wins! Molly wins!
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2004, 06:38:53 pm »

That is the creepiest thing I have ever seen on the internet. It is like Onstad hired a real crazy serial killer/sex offender/crazy dude to make a blog, thinking he would cut himself on the internet or something, but the guy just did THAT instead. MAN. I am freaked.



VADORE THIS THREAD IS fuck*ng HUGE AND I CANT NAVIGATE THROUGH IT AT ALL AND YOUR MODDING IS JUST COMPRESSING ALL COMMENTS INTO IT AND MAKING IT WORSE.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Teodor's return
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2004, 06:49:28 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Looks like we have amusing dramatic irony vis-a-vis the Risotto War.


Superb!
I adore the way the blogs interlink in such ways.
My brother had only been reading a couple of the blogs until I signed off in an email with R.I.S.O.T.T.O.
Much to his utter confusion...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2004, 07:53:12 pm »

All I really have to say about the Risotto denouement is:

CLASSY.

Go, Onstad.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2004, 09:06:35 pm »

So did Téodor set this up with Philippe two days before leaving with his trip and Philippe didn't think to mention to him that he can't make risotto during that time? The first R I S O T T O message was July 10, while Téodor's apparent departure was July 12 (the 11th was the botched coup de grace, while the 12th was "No sign of Téodor today" in Chris' blog.)
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2004, 09:29:14 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Amen on Teodor, Slink.  Man, I wish I had a living teddy bear who cooked me gourmet dinners every night.


man I totally DO have a living teddybear who cooks most of my meals. an alive stuffed animal generally has alot of spare time on it's hands, and most of them will take their interests to the next level. This is not an uncommon thing. Mine, however, generally falls back on honey and caramel based foods. I would LOVE a nice risotto. Next time it is my turn to cook I will make some nice, thick risotto with a gorgonzola mushroom sauce.


THAT IS A REALLY INTERESTING THING YOU HAD TO SAY, CARLOS, TOO BAD I HAD TO LOAD 6 PAGES OF INTERNET TO FIND IT BECAUSE OF VADORE.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2004, 09:57:15 pm »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
THAT IS A REALLY INTERESTING THING YOU HAD TO SAY, CARLOS, TOO BAD I HAD TO LOAD 6 PAGES OF INTERNET TO FIND IT BECAUSE OF VADORE.

Oh, for fuck's sake, dude. The threads may get split -- it's looking like it now, actually -- but in the meantime, cope.

Have some dignity, dammit.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2004, 10:08:47 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"

GIS for vomit

Hmmmm. Nope. I believe it is not unreasonable to assume 'stad took the picture himself.


Dude!  It's on the first page!

Here's the original:

http://www.filthymess.com/publictransport5.asp

That, of course, doesn't mean that Onstad didn't take the photo.  But somehow I doubt it.

Anyway, this changes nothing.

God, the Risotto Wars (which I believe is a term Wombat termed) are so good.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2004, 10:50:10 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Have some dignity, dammit.


Seriously. Act like you got a pair, dude. Firefox has a "search on page" function if you don't want to read through stuff. V's obviously aware of the situation; let's keep it civil.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2004, 01:31:12 am »

I'm using crap, and it loads right away. Maybe Doomglobe is old school, on a 2400 baud modem connected to dial telephone....

How's Compuserve working out for you there, Doomy? Overwhelming  your Timex Sinclair yet?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2004, 04:16:33 am »

Can't we all just get along?

Everybody please quit climbing Doom's ass.

Doomie G, have you any suggestions on how blog threads should be organized?  Let's all try to be constructive, nnnn-kay.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2004, 06:16:14 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"


Everybody please quit climbing Doom's ass.


its cool, I put rungs back there so it would be easy for people to climb.
(kind of like a slide at a polluted playground for demented children)

I am just saying that y'all should let people start new threads when they have something to say that isnt on topic in the current conversation. There are 11 blogs, and more things happening than the risotto wars. It would be impossible to come up with an organized way to discuss them, as the good conversation topics come up at irregular intervals and often involve more than one blog.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2004, 07:27:49 am »

Quote from: "jough"

God, the Risotto Wars (which I believe is a term Wombat termed) are so good.


No, I was wrong.  Onstad used it in his blog the day before Wombat used it here:

Quote from: "Chris Onstad in 'Awesome! A blog'"
When I walked in the door a few minutes ago, Téodor kicked me in the shin, shot me with seltzer, and threw a bag of liquid in my face. I see the risotto war has escalated into actual violence...if he tries that stunt again I'm going to boot him across the living room. I'm in no mood to have my mood ruined.


(My emphasis)

I feel somewhat scholarly in tracing the etymology of the term.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up