Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Character Blogs  (Read 29120 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2004, 01:45:07 pm »

Thoughts for the day:

I hope Ray's butler is half as entertaining as the one from NewsRadio

Pat's going to get thrown in jail again tomorrow.

Hearing Mr. Bear rationalize is kind of entertaining. It reminds me of Cheers, which as we all know, is basically like treasure.
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2004, 11:06:40 pm »

Quote from: "jough"


Dude!  It's on the first page!

Here's the original:

http://www.filthymess.com/publictransport5.asp

That, of course, doesn't mean that Onstad didn't take the photo.  But somehow I doubt it.


With "Bob" as my witness, it wasn't when I did the search initially, though it certainly is now.

In fact, when I initially clicked my link in your quote, it brought up the cached page and it still wasn't there.

Thus, we can assume that, given the way PageRank works, Nice Pete was responsible for increasing the popularity of that image enough to move it up that far. Impressive.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2004, 03:02:48 am »

Well, since Onstad is hotlinking the image, rather than copying it to his blogspot account, then yes, it's possible the onslaught of people viewing the Nice Pete blog could have raised its pagerank.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2004, 01:13:03 pm »

It's funny because Pat almost died. Hee hee.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2004, 03:29:18 pm »

I know we've got V-adore working on a solution, but I gave up on reading this thread after about page 3.  So, I'm sorry if I'm repeating what someone else may have already said here.  A quick scan of posts didn't seem to cover this, so here goes:

Isn't anyone else bothered by the fact that Little Nephew's blog is all in ebonics?  Isn't he supposed to be goth now?  Perhaps I'm just way too entertained by goth-mockery, but I'm a little disapointed with LN's Blog.

In other news, Chris Onstad's obvious crack addiction and terminal insomnia has yielded great results!  

The only way I can imagine that he can handle all these blogs is either a) the theory above or b) these blogs are actually the result of months of prewritten work that are being posted as if in real time.  While some of them bore me, and I can't be bothered to read them, those that I do read seem far too on the mark for proper characterization and style to be written by anyone but Onstad.  Then again, I know for a fact that V.C. Andrews has been dead for years, and there's like some sort of ghost writer/computer program that spits out books "of her style" that are basically just the same book over and over with names and locations changed.  

I'm still sceptical though.  I'm waiting for the whole blog thing to become irregular and half-hearted then eventually stop.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2004, 04:52:40 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
It's funny because Pat almost died. Hee hee.

How the heck did Pat get his ass kicked if he's been so dilligently engaging in total body fitness and loading up on macrobiotic nutrients? Or is this one of those things where all the weight training in the world won't prepare you for the fury of a pissed off Samoan mailman - excuse me, letter-carrier of Pacific Islander decent?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2004, 06:45:30 pm »

See, I see it that he is a cat, and the mailman is NOT, and so the guy was really just beating up on a poor defenseless cat.

In any case, the blogs seem to have slowed down quite a bit.  So I don't know how much longer they'll go on.

There's still no resolution of the Risotto Wars - will they escalate?  Will he just let Teodor's and Chris's blog lay fallow for a week and then just have them start talking about something else, hoping that we forget all about risotto?

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2004, 06:57:39 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
See, I see it that he is a cat, and the mailman is NOT, and so the guy was really just beating up on a poor defenseless cat.

In any case, the blogs seem to have slowed down quite a bit.  So I don't know how much longer they'll go on.

There's still no resolution of the Risotto Wars - will they escalate?  Will he just let Teodor's and Chris's blog lay fallow for a week and then just have them start talking about something else, hoping that we forget all about risotto?


I dunno. Any more risotto talk and I'm going to have to make it for dinner tonight.

Too late. Damnit.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2004, 07:53:08 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
There's still no resolution of the Risotto Wars - will they escalate?  Will he just let Teodor's and Chris's blog lay fallow for a week and then just have them start talking about something else, hoping that we forget all about risotto?


I think it's been resolved.  Téodor has said he's over it, and Onstand has said his tension over the situation is greatly reduced.

I kind of figured the blogs would drift away as well.  I'll be happy if he does, like, three posts a day (in total).

Pat is a DICK.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2004, 08:36:44 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"
How the heck did Pat get his ass kicked if he's been so dilligently engaging in total body fitness and loading up on macrobiotic nutrients? Or is this one of those things where all the weight training in the world won't prepare you for the fury of a pissed off Samoan mailman - excuse me, letter-carrier of Pacific Islander decent?

If pro wrestling has taught us nothing else it's that all Samoans can kick-ass, are impervious to cranial damage, and the famous ones are all related. Clearly Pat didn't know this going in and thus had his ass handed to him.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2004, 05:35:00 am »

Awww Snap! Teodor got a new girly-target since Penny! And it ain't Molly!

I'm really curious as to how 'Stad's gonna draw Moly, what with the new cut. It doesn't seem like she's long for Beef, but it doesn't seem to want to end just yet either.

Will Onstad find out it was Phillipe that kept leaving him R I S O T T O ? Tune in next time...
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

district

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2004, 09:58:36 am »

does anyone see the lyle/molly thing either working out to some wierd friendship or her...LEAVING BEEF FOR LYLE?! Remember those gigantic condoms in her bathroom in heaven? Lyle has to be packing some heat under that beer gut.

Even if she doesn't leave beef for lyle, I can see them being friends and it making beef uncomfortable and they argue and things get wierd and then she leaves him for lyle.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that she is gonna hook up with lyle. Sorry it took so long.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2004, 01:11:58 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Pat's going to get thrown in jail again tomorrow.


You called it, dude. In some weird way, though, I almost envy Pat his self-righteousness. Never a flicker of doubt with that cat (and I mean that in the beatnik sense rather than the zoological).
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2004, 04:11:03 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Pat's going to get thrown in jail again tomorrow.

You called it, dude. In some weird way, though, I almost envy Pat his self-righteousness. Never a flicker of doubt with that cat (and I mean that in the beatnik sense rather than the zoological).

Okay, I'm going to assume that it was just Pat the comic character who went to jail for shooting Beef while Pat the actual cat and inspiration for the character is not an escaped prisoner.

Quote from: "Pat"
I'm going to see if there isn't some sort of government grant that folks can use to live on while they're suing people full-time.

Only in America! </Don King>
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2004, 05:18:06 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Pat"
I'm going to see if there isn't some sort of government grant that folks can use to live on while they're suing people full-time.

Only in America! </Don King>




Is Pat too proud to solicit the advice of this man? RIDDLE ME THAT
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up