Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Cast the Achewood Movie  (Read 5899 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Cast the Achewood Movie
« on: July 15, 2004, 04:07:56 am »

Quote from: "sailor"

In Achewood: The Movie, Bill Murray will play the voice of Roast Beef


Well, what about it?  Please do not be fettered by temporal constraints.  If you think Lyle would best be portrait by Karl Malden in 1963, by all means say so.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Cast the Achewood Movie
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 04:39:19 am »

Bill Murray is forever barred from taking part in anything Achewood solely by whoring it up as Garfield.

God, I love these topics. I'm going for voice-plus-physicality; I can't separate actors' voices from their persons very easily, though I can easily see any actor in most any role.

Instead of Bill Murray's, Roast Beef should have Jason Bateman's voice, gone damn-near monotone with a perfect touch of angst. I always hear it in the upper tenor range.

Ray: Sorry, Will Ferrell is the best I can come up with, though he'd totally cheese it out. Ray's just Ray, you know?
Pat: Kevin McDonald does dickhead really well
Lyle: Dietrich Bader - remember him in Office Space?
Teodor: Steve Carel is Produce Pete
Mr. Bear: Kyle Gass would bee a hoot
Liebot: Norm Macdonald or Brian Posehn
Vlad: Ali G
Chucklebot: err... Nathan Lane? [/shudder]

Phillippe is, sad to say, practically uncastable. Adults never sound like children when voicing children (exception which proves the rule: Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson), and children would be to easily scarred by any subject matter.

I'm leaving Molly off the list too because she, like Ray, is such her own character, voice and all, that it's impossible to come up with the right actor for her.

Now, I'm not saying this cast would put any seats in the house. In fact, it'd bomb faster than Al Queda at a Bush family reunion. I'm just sayin' that's who I hear.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Cast the Achewood Movie
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 04:42:03 am »

I posted a thread about this on the old Dumbrella board, and while I will not CortJstr it, I'm sure it's still there, and I stand by my earlier choices.

Amen.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Cast the Achewood Movie
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 06:33:54 am »

For some reason I picture Ray as Isaac Hayes. Maybe it's just his vocabulary?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Cast the Achewood Movie
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 01:01:52 pm »

I've always imagined Ray as having a voice like Scatman Crothers.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Cast the Achewood Movie
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 07:05:58 pm »

For some reason I can't look beyond Page 1 in the old Dumbrella board.

Okay, I will RE-THINK this, using only living actors so the movie could actually get made:

Ray: Samuel L. Jackson
Roast Beef: Kadeem Hardison
Pat: Giancarlo Esposito
Molly: Winona Ryder
Mr. Bear: John Cleese
Lyle: Jack Black
Philippe: Haley Joel Osment
Teodor: John Cusak
Lie Bot: Ben Stiller
Vlad: Ali G
Chucklebot: Nathan Lane
Todd: Jason Mewes
BLISTER: Breckin Meyer
Sock Monkey: Dave Chapelle
Nice Pete: John Malkovich
Onstad's Shoe: Peter O'Toole

(please note that up until a week ago I would have had Brando play Onstad's shoe - RIP Marlon)

P.S.

I did not read the above posts before I posted my picks - so I did not know that Vlad and Chucklebot were already picked by someone else - but I think it is telling that my picks were the same - so it must be casting kismet.

Some actors were just born to play certain roles.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Cast the Achewood Movie
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 08:29:42 pm »

I was sure that the only post I'd be able to make to this thread would be "this thread makes me feel so ignorant."

But no.  Winona Ryder as Molly?  No way.  I don't know who else, but that seems all wrong.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Cast the Achewood Movie
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 08:38:42 pm »

New, updated, extreem choice for Chucklebot: Eddie Izzard

Jough, Giancarlo Esposito is a stroke of genius for Pat.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Cast the Achewood Movie
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2004, 10:12:32 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"

Jough, Giancarlo Esposito is a stroke of genius for Pat.


Thanks.  I was thinking specifically of how much "Buggin Out" from Do the Right Thing is so Pat like.

That, and I see all of the cats in Achewood as being people of colour.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Cast the Achewood Movie
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2004, 11:03:54 pm »

Man, I need to see more films.

Jough, John Cleese is GREAT for Mr. Bear.  Hee! Incidentally, it is JOHN CLEESE'S fault that I can never take Emperor Constantine seriously. When I was in an art history class in college, there was a famous bust carved of Constantine. And he looks EXACTLY like John Cleese.

Hang on a sec... I must google for a picture. It's classic.

There we go! Here is a picture montage that I made with the help of my pal, THE INTERNET:

Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Cast the Achewood Movie
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 11:09:04 pm »

When i said : "In Achewood: The Movie, Bill Murray will play the voice of Roast Beef" i was basically saying "Wouldn't it be fucked up if Achewood got all huge and massmarketed and 'stad just quit trying and cleaned up all the dilougue, etc., and achieved syndication in every goddamned paper in the country and then took a huge chunk of cash from some dumbass studio so they could make a shitty live action/CGI Achewood movie and then i had to get all pissed at my absolute favorite actor/comedian because he lowered himself to the job of Roast Beef's voice?"

all dumb little raver mall girls buying little sparkley Phillipes at Hot Topic to hang from thier backpacks...

I'm just sayin'.

Jough said: That, and I see all of the cats in Achewood as being people of colour.

I see Beef and Pat as white as white-out. And Ray the classic white dude who wants to be a black dude, i.e. Eminem.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Cast the Achewood Movie
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2004, 01:01:57 am »

I always heard Vlad's voice as sounding like Martin Landau in Ed Wood (when not all strung-out and dying). Compare:

No one gives two fucks for Bela!

and

Pierogi at Vlad's? Not a chance!
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Cast the Achewood Movie
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2004, 07:04:50 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Philippe: Haley Joel Osment


I think this young man is probably on the fast track to puberty, so Onstad better start busting his ass.  I don't think of Philippe's voice as a teenage voice, unless of course he's saying something like  "Huh. Whatever, fag."  Who would portray that aspect's of Philippe's life?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Cast the Achewood Movie
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2004, 01:48:10 pm »

Quote from: "miles"

 I don't think of Philippe's voice as a teenage voice, unless of course he's saying something like  "Huh. Whatever, fag."  Who would portray that aspect's of Philippe's life?


mcauley culkin?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Cast the Achewood Movie
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2004, 04:11:34 pm »

You know, I was thinking: if Tom Green could play it kinda straight, I think he would be an excellent Philippe.

HERE COMES A SPECIAL BOY

Just imagine Tom Green shouting this over and over.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up