Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: eBay/Photo Contest  (Read 4795 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
eBay/Photo Contest
« on: July 17, 2004, 10:27:13 pm »

ebay: yikes, that's up to 225 bones for an acrylic 5x7?? And i thought i loved 'stad

photo contest: psssssssst! buy gear!
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
eBay/Photo Contest
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 11:09:52 pm »

I was tickled pink to see that he had, in fact, bought a copy of the Hardy Boys Detective Manual or whatever recently.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

V-Adore

  • Guest
eBay/Photo Contest
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 11:11:43 pm »

I wonder what counts as a "landmark?"

I'll be traveling to Pigeon Forge soon, and if possible I could have my picture taken in my Sanryobuki shirt posing near... I dunno, the Pigeon-Forging Monument or something.

(It is a shame there's no Hiram the Blacksmith shirt.)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
eBay/Photo Contest
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 11:15:46 pm »

I still have my Hardy Boys Detective Handbook.  I expect many great strips to come out of that purchase.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
eBay/Photo Contest
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 12:17:35 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'll be traveling to Pigeon Forge soon, and if possible I could have my picture taken in my Sanryobuki shirt posing near... I dunno, the Pigeon-Forging Monument or something.


I want to see this.

I unfortunately only have a sweatshirt, not a tshirt.  So I am trying to come up with an idea that doesn't involve dying of heatstroke in DC in August.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
eBay/Photo Contest
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 12:41:39 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'll be traveling to Pigeon Forge soon, and if possible I could have my picture taken in my Sanryobuki shirt posing near... I dunno, the Pigeon-Forging Monument or something.


I want to see this.

I'm not actually sure if any such thing exists, but I know that the Pigeon Forge town symbol is a blacksmith with hammer and anvil, and pigeons are flying off the anvil. Flying off!

I hope there's a statue of this.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
eBay/Photo Contest
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 03:04:27 am »

Wow, I would have thought that the town symbol for Pigeon Forge would have been a big ol' bear trap clamped around the leg of a guy in plaid Bermuda shorts with a camera around his neck.  Maybe some dollar signs would be flying away or something.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
eBay/Photo Contest
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 03:29:16 am »

AUGH

Sweet MERCIFUL CHRIST

WHY, OH WHY, DO I HAVE TO BE UNEMPLOYED?

*sniffle*

I would like a painting of Philippe. :(((((((((((((((( <-- extra mouths for SADNESS
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
eBay/Photo Contest
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 09:50:37 am »

I dunno if any of y'all saw/remember a girl who posted a pic back on dumbrella of this awesome DIY achewood shirt that said simply, in cooper black: "Philippe is standing on it."

I am so gonna make my own one of those, and [brag]with my degree in photograhy,[/brag] I am HELL OF gonna win this damn thing.

(that is, as soon as i figgur' out a category and barring that 'stad won't disqualify DIY shirts.)
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
eBay/Photo Contest
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 10:46:06 am »

Quote from: "sailor"
I dunno if any of y'all saw/remember a girl who posted a pic back on dumbrella of this awesome DIY achewood shirt that said simply, in cooper black: "Philippe is standing on it."


I think I do remember that.




Something like that?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
eBay/Photo Contest
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2004, 02:47:13 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
I unfortunately only have a sweatshirt, not a tshirt.  So I am trying to come up with an idea that doesn't involve dying of heatstroke in DC in August.

When we had our own Achehead Day last year I'd planned on going to the spider fountain near the Archives metro but was too lazy. But I do have some pics of me in a Todd shirt in front of a former U.S. Capital building in VA so I might submit those.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
eBay/Photo Contest
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2004, 05:58:08 pm »

Much to the bewilderment of my fellow students, I have my Special Boy shirt with me in Trois-Pistoles.  However, I'm not terribly sure that qualifies as especially interesting.  The most astounding thing that I have encountered here is poutine with hot dogs in it.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
eBay/Photo Contest
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2004, 07:44:34 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Much to the bewilderment of my fellow students, I have my Special Boy shirt with me in Trois-Pistoles.  However, I'm not terribly sure that qualifies as especially interesting.  The most astounding thing that I have encountered here is poutine with hot dogs in it.



......JESUS. It really IS another country!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
eBay/Photo Contest
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2004, 12:07:19 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "sailor"
I dunno if any of y'all saw/remember a girl who posted a pic back on dumbrella of this awesome DIY achewood shirt that said simply, in cooper black: "Philippe is standing on it."


I think I do remember that.




Something like that?


yikes. hella CJ'd. so i was dyslexic about the font. so what.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

llimllib

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
eBay/Photo Contest
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2004, 03:52:27 pm »

I think the very best thing about that first picture is the deep fryer in the background showing the attractive french fries sitting in a basket.
Logged
Peace.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up