Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Baby Thread  (Read 20756 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Baby Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2004, 06:33:44 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Looked like a Playboy bunny to me, which might be apt.
Then again it might just be a finger print on my monitor...


And after all, Calvin Klien does need more sexy babies for his children's ware adds.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Baby Thread
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2004, 07:23:24 pm »

That really is a particularly unnerving ultrasound photo.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2004, 07:37:29 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
That really is a particularly unnerving ultrasound photo.



There's an extra-cute one to make up for it.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Baby Thread
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2004, 07:39:21 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
That really is a particularly unnerving ultrasound photo.



There's an extra-cute one to make up for it.

Awwww!
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2004, 08:54:05 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
I do have an ultrasound photo in which my baby totally looks like an alien monster.




COINCIDENCE?
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2004, 08:45:10 pm »

St_Zartan, THAT IS AWESOME.  I hope you don't mind if I put that up on my baby site.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2004, 12:20:25 am »

Not at all! Go right ahead; I'm glad you liked it. I only hope it makes up for the vile, vile link earlier in the thread.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The Baby Thread
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2004, 11:29:46 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Not at all! Go right ahead; I'm glad you liked it. I only hope it makes up for the vile, vile link earlier in the thread.



Nope.
Logged
goose means greedy

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2004, 01:55:46 pm »

JL, check out this animation, which clearly shows how all of your internal organs will be crushed to make way for the creature growing inside you.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Baby Thread
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2004, 06:42:02 am »

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2004, 10:20:06 am »

Awwwwww.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2004, 02:57:29 pm »

Score!  Someone gave me a garbage bag full of baby clothes, which are mostly awesome.  I have to wash them.  Not that they're dirty, or they smell bad, but they smell like Someone Else's Stuff.

I wish Onstad made some of his Achewood clothing designs available in baby styles.  Who needs a "Here Comes A Special Girl" shirt more than a baby, huh?  No one, that's who.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The Baby Thread
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2004, 04:20:10 pm »

Welcome aboard, Va!  Good to have someone with whom to commisserate...

My sister-in-law gave me six boxes of baby clothes -- some girly and some boyish, on account of she has one of each -- and I've been going through that.  The problem is, her kids were born in July and mine is due in February -- so I think most of it will be the wrong season for the size.  

I can hardly wait another four weeks to find out if we're going to have a Hero Elizabeth or an Adrian Pearson.  I'll be sure to post more pictures and let you guys know when we find out.  

In other news, my breasts -- aside from becoming huge -- have officially crossed over into functionality.  If you know what I mean, you know what I mean.  And I seem to be carrying this baby right out front -- my belly is round like Bhudda's, but it's the only place I've gained weight (besides my boobs).  If I take after my mother -- which it seems I do -- I'm going to be all belly by Christmas, with another 2 months to go.  

On the upside, now that I've entered that magical Second Trimester, the chronic lower back pain seems to have abated somewhat.  Of course, I've got the shortness of breath thing going on -- I can't climb a flight of stairs without getting winded -- but at least I can get out of bed in the morning without Pedro having to carry me.  And I seem to only be getting up to pee twice a night instead of six or seven times, like before.  

Pedro, of course, has been great.  He spoils me.  He's made more glasses of chocolate milk in the last 4 months than any man should ever have to.  Not to mention *several* last-minute runs to the corner store for: oreos, milk, potato chips, bread (for toast), ginger ale, peanut butter, and M&M's.  No pickles and ice cream -- yet.  

Which brings me to my most pressing unsatisfied craving: If anyone happens to see a box of Frankenberry cereal in the supermarket, please send me some.  They only carry it in stores around here during the month of October, and it's driving me batty (no pun intended) to be craving it and know I have to wait a whole nother month.  I found a website that sells it, but only "in season."  Whatever that means.  

When I do find it in the stores here, I intend to buy it by the crate.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Baby Thread
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2004, 06:14:01 pm »

Mrs. del Vaca craved broccoli during her pregnancy.  Go figure.

She also reported, early on, being around a crying baby and her breasts going "FEED!  BABY!  NOW!!"
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2004, 07:32:04 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I found a website that sells it, but only "in season."  Whatever that means.


The Frankenberry (homunculus baccatus), when not fully ripened, can damage the Optic Nerve.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up