Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Message Board!  (Read 3721 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« on: August 02, 2004, 03:52:08 pm »

Hey kids,

As of 1 August 2004 we have been canoodling around on this board for a whole YEAR.

So Happy Birthday Board, and Happy Anniversary Board Members.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 04:24:57 pm »

Get thee down, be thou funky.

W00t!
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 05:02:33 pm »

Hooray!

The Achehead Forum:  Carlos del Vaca's second-most-visited on-line community![/i]  

There's my endorsement.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 06:04:42 pm »

Hooray! Strange to think I've been hanging around with you motley group of weirdos and Acheheads for a year now. It only feels like 1691 posts or so, really.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 07:00:03 pm »

yeah ok great thanks. happy b-day website

how long was achewood on dumbrella up fo'?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 07:07:48 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
yeah ok great thanks. happy b-day website

how long was achewood on dumbrella up fo'?

I have no idea and am slightly curious myself. However, since the strip has only run since October 2001, the maximum lifespan of the message board could only have been 22 months (October 2001-August 2003) -- and that's assuming the message board began on the first published day of the strip, which it probably didn't, and ran right up until the opening of this MB, which I know it didn't.

Any Dumbrellites who can enlighten li'l ol' me?
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 07:16:29 pm »

Go board go!  And, of course, extra cheers for those among us hip and avant-garde enough to join on the first day.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2004, 08:09:53 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Go board go!  And, of course, extra cheers for those among us hip and avant-garde enough to join on the first day.

Why don't we just go all snotty and add "charter member" tags like Anime On DVD did. Plus we can find some way to electronically ##### newbies. Let the hazing begin!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 08:20:00 pm »

Bummer, I thought for once in my life I was all hip and avant-garde but I see that a handful of people signed up before the first day.

Happy birthday and thank you all for being there and amusing me through hard times.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2004, 09:17:44 pm »

Yes, technically it was the night of the 31st that the board was being set up, and some people got in on the action RIGHT AWAY, but the 1st of August 2003 is officially the first day of the new board.

A new header image is coming.  I meant to make it yesterday but I was so damn busy.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2004, 09:29:05 pm »

Yay!  happy birthday board for which I posted on more than the dumbrella one! (that isn't sayin' much I s'pose)

...and wow, I cannot believe I got right in on the action on the first night ..certainly been a bit of a slacker since though ;D
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2004, 11:18:14 pm »

U R ALL COCKSWALLOWZ

RAGERAGE

heh

In all seriousness, I wish a happy birthday upon the board and wish it continued happy existence.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2004, 12:14:25 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Bummer, I thought for once in my life I was all hip and avant-garde but I see that a handful of people signed up before the first day.

Happy birthday and thank you all for being there and amusing me through hard times.

Yup, apparently I was the last person to snag a July 31st date. Go me.
Logged

llimllib

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2004, 02:18:06 am »

I have been lurking for probably a year and a half, and have increased my status to occasional contributor due to this world wide web board's occasional excellence. Congrats, unofficial Achewood forum.
Logged
Peace.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Message Board!
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2004, 03:59:04 am »

Happy Birthday Board (and Board denizens!)

I love y'all!

Your pal,

August
Member since 7/31/03
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up