I adore these blogs more than life itself, but I just can't read whole paragraphs about golf, even written by alive stuffed animals. I just can't.
While I do not share your aversion to golfing paragraphs (mostly because I knew it was just another setup for Ray to lose his shorts despite his techno-overcompensation) I do find Teodor... odd. Not unnerving or unpleasant, just... odd. The amount of character development that 'stad is doing with his blog in particular is... I cannot put my finger on it. I wish I could.
Teodor=Chris
Chris=Teodor
Ray=just.... whatever, it's fuckin' RAY!
Ray=Onstad's evil alter ego; the Alpha Male with all too much maleness.
Phillippe/Little Nephew are flip sides of a similar coin; Onstad's inner child(ren).
I've actually pondered whether it would be interesting to study the most creative and highest-output artists who create characters. Actors, writers, cartoonists - and determine whether this group, in particular, has a higher propensity for fragmented personalities than the general population. It could be that they are just better at expressing aspects of their personality, but I bet there are some borderline shizophrenics/multiple personalities out there.