Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I ate a hamburger and said Hooray - August 4th, 2004  (Read 3681 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I ate a hamburger and said Hooray - August 4th, 2004
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2004, 04:29:13 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "andalucia"
the Canadian lyrics weren't the real ones.  Sigh.)


What are the Canadian lyrics?

Let's see - "From Manitoba...", that scans beautifully.  But now I'm stuck.


I am intrigued by this as well.  Please post them.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
I ate a hamburger and said Hooray - August 4th, 2004
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2004, 05:57:53 am »

I found these on a federal government site in a section of alternate lyrics. It did not have the original last verse anywhere on the page:


This land is your land,
This land is my land,
From Bonavista
To Vancouver Island,
From the Artic Circle,
To the Great Lake waters,
This land was made for you and me.

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/thisland.htm
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
I ate a hamburger and said Hooray - August 4th, 2004
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2004, 04:17:28 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "andalucia"
the Canadian lyrics weren't the real ones.  Sigh.)


What are the Canadian lyrics?

Let's see - "From Manitoba...", that scans beautifully.  But now I'm stuck.


From Manitoba... to French Canuck land?
From the sticky tar sands
To the cold Newfoundland
This land was made for you and me (eh!)
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up