Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hang Over Cures  (Read 7739 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Hang Over Cures
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2004, 02:20:53 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
And if you are in Canada, get the OTC codeine.


I am in Canada.  There is no need to "get" the OTC codeine, as it is a regular player in my med's cabinet.

Quote from: "AlohaD"
If you can't get it, Miso soup is also good, and if you're man/woman enough, a big hot bowl of Menudo will work too.


Is there some other definition of Menudo?  'Cause...um...well....

The hangover is gone, I am now in the "huge plan to return to healthy living" phase of post hangover.  I'm all working on a big water bottle at my desk, and I even brought an apple to work.  I always get this huge flush of desire to be better to my body after I damage it so.  If only I could hold on to that desire.  I have zero will power.

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Pho, aka Vietnamese beef noodle soup. Big steamin' bowl of that, add some hot sauce, you'll feel better.


I actually drive past a place called "Pho No.1 Vietnamese" everyday on my way to work.  I'm very anti-soup, don't know why, but I just don't like soup.  I can understand why it would work though, and will give this a go if I ever end up worshipping the porcelain alter again.

Other things I was told to try:

-Drink an entire cup of raw egg yolks (this has to be a mean joke)
-Drink a cup of Chamomile tea (did this - it did get rid of the sea sick feelin' but didn't solve any of the other problems)
-Drink this lime Margarita that I am holding out to you right now (a guy at the post wedding BBQ's idea -I didn't do that - it was just such a scary shade of green)
-Lie down on the couch and watch this Dilbert DVD I bought (my SO's suggestion.  I did this also, and the boringness of it put me to sleep, which seemed to be the ultimate cure, as I woke up spring-time fresh!)
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Hang Over Cures
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2004, 07:42:45 pm »

Menudo is a kind of spicy tripe stew.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Hang Over Cures
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2004, 02:23:30 am »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
Menudo is a kind of spicy tripe stew.


And it's six kinds of awesome, and so are you if you can eat it.

Here's a recipe

Make sure you have plenty of tripe and pigs or calves feet handy. This is the real Mexican soul food. A bowl of this, you're ready to go.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Hang Over Cures
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2004, 02:54:42 am »

Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Hang Over Cures
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2004, 04:50:59 am »

Bozack, if that restaurant really exists, that's the best place ever.

If it doesn't, kudos to whoever did the Photoshop work.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Hang Over Cures
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2004, 01:06:31 pm »

10 vitamin B Complex, and water, so much water.

20 keep drinking water until your pee stops being neon from the B Complex.  then take more B Complex, and drink more water until your pee stops being noen.

30 GOTO 10

aspirin helps, but they key is water, water, water, water, water.  and sleep.  lot's of sleep.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Hang Over Cures
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2004, 07:23:57 pm »

SYNTAX ERROR LINE 20

/snark
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Hang Over Cures
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2004, 07:40:12 pm »

For a second there I thought you wanted me to take 10 vitamin B's and then drink 20 cups of water.  

What is the syntax error, pray tell?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Hang Over Cures
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2004, 08:18:25 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
What is the syntax error, pray tell?

Quote from: "arkabee"
20 keep drinking water until your pee stops being neon from the B Complex. then take more B Complex, and drink more water until your pee stops being noen
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Hang Over Cures
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2004, 08:33:27 pm »



STACK COLLISION WITH HEAP IN LINE 30 (LINE WALKER)

B vitamins. Milk thistle. Plenty of water. A greasy stack of carbs (e.g. buttered toast, hash browns). If I'm really in a bad way, I go for all of the above plus something spicy - opens up the passages, brings on a good healthy sweat.

Fresh air. Go into a room where someone has been Sleeping It Off. It smells like the Devil's own breast milk.  Everything coming off of your body for a good while will be all stale and heavy and awful. So get plenty of air circulating but go really gradual on the lights.

Believe it or not, I advise to avoid caffeine and OTC painkillers. Caffeine does everything a mending body doesn't need, and there isn't a single painkiller I've heard of that doesn't cause x-tra damage to yonder scrubber organs.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Hang Over Cures
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2004, 01:52:00 am »

SYNTAX ERROR="NOEN"
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Hang Over Cures
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2004, 01:31:13 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
For a second there I thought you wanted me to take 10 vitamin B's and then drink 20 cups of water.  

What is the syntax error, pray tell?


i think he was trying to say i mispelt a word.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Hang Over Cures
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 02:12:16 am »

Ever since seeing the movie "Factotum" (The best movie I have ever seen in my life, now taking first place atop Goodfellas [available at the itunes store for like $10]), I have found the best hangover ceremony to be adding a raw egg to a pint of beer. Wait till the yolk floats, down in one blast.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Hang Over Cures
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 02:18:12 am »

Ever since seeing the movie "Factotum" (The best movie I have ever seen in my life, now taking first place atop Goodfellas [available at the itunes store for like $10]), I have found the best hangover ceremony to be adding a raw egg to a pint of beer. Wait till the yolk floats, down in one blast.

There is balm in Gilead.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Hang Over Cures
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 02:39:46 am »

fuck*ng zombie thread.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up