Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The mother of all band-aids - 8/24  (Read 6082 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

umf_skibum

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
    • http://joshchristie.freeservers.com
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« on: August 24, 2004, 11:17:16 pm »

I love every moment of the Phillipe campaign.  I cannot wait until November to see what 'Stad can cook up.

Beef's expression in the last panel is priceless.
Logged
Will Ray never realize his dream of selling a clean taco?

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 11:21:24 pm »

"m'blokes", heh! Ray's picking up the butler's lingo. I love Philippe's paper boat hat, so precious. I want to hug Philippe now.
Logged

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 12:26:29 am »

Notice in the fourth panel that Phillippe's dialogue font is the same as Roast Beef's.
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

V-Adore

  • Guest
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 12:43:18 am »

Er, am I seeing things wrong, or doesn't everyone use the same dialogue font? I'm not seeing a difference between fonts, aside for size and sometimes for punctuation.

Anyway, this strip definitely wins an award for "strips which I had the least idea about their content after reading the thread, especially considered that the thread hasn't wandered onto favorite childhood foods yet." The strip itself is cute, but I had no idea what I was getting into opening the page.
Logged

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 01:08:15 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Er, am I seeing things wrong, or doesn't everyone use the same dialogue font? I'm not seeing a difference between fonts, aside for size and sometimes for punctuation.


Font size, rather. Sorry. Phillippe is speaking with Beef's tiny font size. Or at least he was soon after the post. Onstad seems to have corrected it, as I thought he would. Someone please support me on this claim, lest I come off as a liar.
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

V-Adore

  • Guest
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 01:44:01 am »

No, that was true about the font size. I noticed it, too, and assumed he'd done it for space reasons.

Circles within circles...
Logged

district

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 07:46:47 am »

Quote from: "bluebird_of_unhappiness"
Notice in the fourth panel that Phillippe's dialogue font is the same as Roast Beef's.


You sad, stupid, little moron.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 07:52:05 am »

Quote from: "district"
You sad, stupid, little moron.


Jesus, what the....wha...WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? Where did you come from? WHAT....IS THE MEANING....OF THIS?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 08:58:49 am »

What in the ***** ##### was that?!
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2004, 09:19:42 am »

Quote from: "district"
You sad, stupid, little moron.


What's... where's...how do I even begin to describe your #####/underwear situation?


GF grillz gotz tha skillz fo tha homeless to chill, if day pay the power billz.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2004, 01:14:45 pm »

DNFTT
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2004, 01:22:52 pm »

There's got to be a name for this:  the person who lurks on a message board or chat room, and pops up only to tell the people posting that they are dorks.  I've never understood this.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2004, 01:53:48 pm »

If it's pathetic to be a critic, how pathetic is it to be a dork critic?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2004, 03:51:56 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
Quote from: "district"
You sad, stupid, little moron.


What's... where's...how do I even begin to describe your ******/underwear situation?


GF grillz gotz tha skillz fo tha homeless to chill, if day pay the power billz.


Looks like district's been PWND.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2004, 04:09:50 pm »

YOU GOT SERVED!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up