The
one morning I sleep in, everything just goes completely
rad all up in this thread, hey? Excellent work, sir. Today, I abdicate my
Best Dude Grammy. Aside: was "Alice" actually a pretty good show or am I just remembering it as such because I was so young at the time?
I didn't think people really listened to the lyrics in those pop songs. I kinda thought they were just syllables so the little girls would have something to sing. It could have been Urdu or a shopping list or just gibberish.
You know, I'd never really thought of it in those terms before, but there's a good point to be made, there - today's teen pop pabulum isn't really much more than old-school rope-skipping and hand-clapping rhymes infused, jumbo syringe up ol' Thermometer Lane style, with so-called "content" (because Lord only knows today's "tweens" have all sorts of special thoughts and feelings that simply
must be reflected in every facet of their entertainment) and liberal fistfuls of glitz.