Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Poll

Who ya like to rule the NFL this year?

Eagles
- 0 (0%)
Patriots
- 3 (10%)
Colts
- 3 (10%)
Panthers
- 1 (3.3%)
Seahawks
- 2 (6.7%)
Chiefs
- 1 (3.3%)
someone else
- 8 (26.7%)
jeez, who CARES?
- 12 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 09, 2004, 01:25:06 pm


Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Europeans call it "gridiron"  (Read 26841 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2004, 08:33:21 pm »

Removed due to superfluity and excessive clicking of incorrect buttons.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2004, 09:16:46 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
A game for all the marbles Sunday Afternoon

The final score is GB over Wash 28 to 14.

Everybody welcome the next president of the United States of America, John Kerry! I need a drink.

Edited because it was getting on my nerves.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2004, 10:03:31 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
A game for all the marbles Sunday Afternoon

The final score is GB leads Wash 28 to 14.

Everybody welcome the next president of the United States of America, John Kerry! I need a drink.


From how hard Green Bay tried to give this game away I can only assume that there are some Bush supporters on the team.  If Washington had a quarterback, they would have won this game.  One receiver wide open in the end zone underthrown, and two receivers wide open with nobody in front of them overthrown.  If Brunell had hit any of those three, the game would have been quite different.  

I for one welcome my new Democratic overlords.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2004, 12:25:51 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
But how can you root against BSU? Look at this beautiful field!


A field like that ought to be located in Kentucky.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2004, 07:02:15 pm »

I was at work all day so the only game I got to watch any of was The Flaming Bags of Dogshit vs. The Giraffe Placentas. It wasn't very good. That must suck when they schedule the game way ahead of time, and when it gets played they turn out to be the two worst teams in the league.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2004, 08:16:17 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
A game for all the marbles Sunday Afternoon

The final score is GB leads Wash 28 to 14.

Everybody welcome the next president of the United States of America, John Kerry! I need a drink.


Well, the Sox won 8 games back to back to win the world series, so this is a year where ANYTHING can happen. I'm still rooting for the 'Skins....besides, do you <really> think Curly Lambeau is gonna let Kerry get away with butchering his name? Do you? I think it's time for the Curse of Curly...
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2004, 04:52:45 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I was at work all day so the only game I got to watch any of was The Flaming Bags of Dogshit vs. The Giraffe Placentas. It wasn't very good.


You must mean Bears-Niners.

I won the office football pool this week!  First time all year!  Yaaayyy!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2004, 05:12:08 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I was at work all day so the only game I got to watch any of was The Flaming Bags of Dogshit vs. The Giraffe Placentas. It wasn't very good.


You must mean Bears-Niners.

I won the office football pool this week!  First time all year!  Yaaayyy!

I so miss office pools - they just do that 'picking the squares' thing up here. God forbid that anyone should be gambling - they might go to Hell!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2004, 06:17:22 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I won the office football pool this week!  First time all year!  Yaaayyy!

I so miss office pools - they just do that 'picking the squares' thing up here. God forbid that anyone should be gambling - they might go to Hell!


I started a new job just before football season and can't seem to find a pool at the new job either.  I am in two fantasy leagues, and I always seem to do fairly well at that.  I think I've taken second place in every league I've been in for the last two years.  That's about where I'm sitting in both this year too.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2004, 06:26:30 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I won the office football pool this week!  First time all year!  Yaaayyy!

I so miss office pools - they just do that 'picking the squares' thing up here. God forbid that anyone should be gambling - they might go to Hell!


I started a new job just before football season and can't seem to find a pool at the new job either.  I am in two fantasy leagues, and I always seem to do fairly well at that.  I think I've taken second place in every league I've been in for the last two years.  That's about where I'm sitting in both this year too.

FF could be a whole 'nother thread, but . . . oh how my receivers suck. Thankfully I have Barber and LT II, and Brees and Bulger. I beat my dad this week, 85 to 12. His team is sooooo bad.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2004, 08:02:47 pm »

Just checking in to say - could you promise not to let this thread drift into an interesting topic, so I can skip reading it altogether?

I know, that's probably just a challenge.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2004, 08:05:01 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Just checking in to say - could you promise not to let this thread drift into an interesting topic, so I can skip reading it altogether?

I know, that's probably just a challenge.

I'm actually pretty happy that the folks who aren't interested in this, and I assume that is 90% of the members of this board, are just ignoring it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2004, 12:38:54 am »

I haven't been in a pool or had a fantasy team for a couple of years now.  I ran an office pool (ATS) for about 5 seasons.  I have to say that my interest level is sharply lower when I don't have anything at stake.  Not that the stakes were ever high ($5 per player for the season).  But the idea that you're playing for something really adds a dimension to sports observations.

In other sports news, I'm going to see a college basketball pre-season game tomorrow night.  Woot.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2004, 08:15:49 pm »

Asher, it looks as though your Stillers are going to knock off the Eagles, too. It's time for TO to start complaining about his new quarterback now.

Sorry, Carlos.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2004, 02:00:27 am »

I didn't get to see the game because we were stuck with Redskins-Lions.  Yay.  I did like the highlight of Hines Ward catching a TD, then doing TO's foot-on-the-ball wing-flap dance.  TO on the sideline laughing.

In the post-game interview, TO said he was just trying to get McNabb fired up again.  I thought "Here we go, time for TO to make himself unwelcome."  Hopefully it's not that bad, but... sheeit.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up