Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Poll

Who ya like to rule the NFL this year?

Eagles
- 0 (0%)
Patriots
- 3 (10%)
Colts
- 3 (10%)
Panthers
- 1 (3.3%)
Seahawks
- 2 (6.7%)
Chiefs
- 1 (3.3%)
someone else
- 8 (26.7%)
jeez, who CARES?
- 12 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 09, 2004, 01:25:06 pm


Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Europeans call it "gridiron"  (Read 26796 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2004, 02:19:25 am »

Oh my word, did the Bolts ever get furious on the Saints. 6 - 3 headed to the bye week, and coming out of it they get the Raiders. Oh my, yes.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2004, 02:39:17 pm »

Yeah, those Chargers are actually pretty good.  Drew Brees is making a case for MVP.  Never thought I'd say that.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2004, 05:01:13 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Fearless Prognostication: Chargers v. Steelers in Division Playoffs

'95, the yeard SD went to the Super Bowl, I watched that very same game in a sports book in Vegas.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2004, 05:30:33 pm »

You are exactly right - but in my defense I didn't really pick up on the word 'divison' when I first read your post.

OK, I have no defense.

I remember watching that game and thinking that SD was very fortunate to have been AFC champions, as the Stillers had it all working that year.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2004, 11:06:19 pm »

Yeah, my brother grabbed him somewhere in that area. I was first, with Tomlinson, and my niece was next, with Holmes. My brother and I are tied right now. The kicker? My brother's favorite team is the Dolphins, and you know who is going to lose a record or two this year. Bittersweet . . .

I grabbed Tiki Barber in the seventh round or so.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2004, 05:10:52 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
This is the post in which I say 'thank you' to the other dummies in my fantasy league for leaving Peyton Manning to me at the 6th pick.


Holy crap.  Those 6 touchdown games kinda add up...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2004, 05:12:38 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
My brother's favorite team is the Dolphins, and you know who is going to lose a record or two this year. Bittersweet . . .


Mine too, and Marino has always been a special favorite.  Bittersweet is right.  It's a shame for my hero to lose the record, but I'm happy for Peyton.  He's unquestionably talented and seems like a genuinely nice guy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2004, 04:36:20 pm »

I call him Pee Man. I have a bit of a grudge against the family now. And maybe I just see the dark cloud enclosing every silver lining, but I suspect that he's the type of guy who would be happier with a record than a win. I bet Marino's pretty hacked, though. Losing his records, and he doesn't even have a SB to fall back on. How pissed would he be if Peyton got the big game this year?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2004, 04:36:46 pm »

So, Asherdan, how about them Bolts now? It's looking like they'd play a wild card game at home to start. And your Stillers would have home field throughout. This is turning out nicely. I really enjoyed that Sunday night game.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2004, 05:12:12 pm »

Iggles keep rollin' rollin' rollin', clinching the division already.  I'd love an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2004, 05:28:50 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Iggles keep rollin' rollin' rollin', clinching the division already.  I'd love an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl.

I think TO might be able to push them over the top. I'm just so darned happy about the Chargers . . . excuse me, I'm tearing up now. Also, Antonio Gates is two TDs away from setting the record for TEs. He is tied with Harrison for second place with 11, two behind TO.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2004, 06:14:09 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Philly has one of the hardest challenges for a front running team the next five weeks, staying focused and healthy.  I like their chances.

This is where fantasy football gets fun. All the teams that have been rolling with TO and McNabb - and if they sew up home field advantage, they'll be on the sidelines. My team is stocked with AFC players, who'll all be fighting for a spot until week 17. Well, and I. Bruce, who'll be doing the same.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2004, 05:57:53 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Iggles keep rollin' rollin' rollin', clinching the division already.  I'd love an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl.


Just get past the NFC Champ game first there, bucko.  Although I think the Eagles look even better with Westbrook giving them a real ground presence in recent weeks.  I haven't even attempted to start handicapping the NFC 'cause it's so Philly then everyone else skewed.

Philly has one of the hardest challenges for a front running team the next five weeks, staying focused and healthy.  I like their chances.


This Sunday is Green Bay/Philly, a game I've been looking forward to all year.  I'm curious to see if Favre can keep it up, he's been incredible the last six weeks.  I'm truly frightened about what TO is going to do to our rookie-filled secondary, though.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2004, 08:51:22 pm »

Won't it be fun if Gates sets the record on the Broncos? You can't beat setting a record against a rival.

Denver @ San Diego Sunday - national game! I'd really get into this if poll results didn't indicate that half of you could not care any less than you already do.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2004, 02:40:21 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I'd really get into this if poll results didn't indicate that half of you could not care any less than you already do.


they don't have to read this thread.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up