Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Poll

Who ya like to rule the NFL this year?

Eagles
- 0 (0%)
Patriots
- 3 (10%)
Colts
- 3 (10%)
Panthers
- 1 (3.3%)
Seahawks
- 2 (6.7%)
Chiefs
- 1 (3.3%)
someone else
- 8 (26.7%)
jeez, who CARES?
- 12 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 09, 2004, 01:25:06 pm


Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Europeans call it "gridiron"  (Read 26926 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2005, 05:15:48 pm »

Since I originally thought Nabu was calling us out for a Playoff Pick 'Em, I'll post my picks:

For the Wild Card Round:
St. Louis at Seattle:  St. Louis
Denver at Indy:  Indy
Jets at Chargers:  Chargers
Minnesota at Green Bay:  Green Bay
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2005, 05:45:33 pm »

I concur, G. I want to pick Seattle, but I just can't.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2005, 09:35:44 pm »

All home teams, all the time.  Write that down:  my prediction is that the home team will win every blessed game of this playoff season.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2005, 10:12:04 pm »

I pick St. Louis, New York, Green Bay and Indianapolis.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2005, 11:19:52 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
All home teams, all the time.  Write that down:  my prediction is that the home team will win every blessed game of this playoff season.


Ceptin' for that last one?  :wink:

That's the only time I've ever done that, and I feel dirty now.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2005, 05:05:38 am »

Damn, well sorry to see that one Nabu.  That was a heartbreaker...
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2005, 05:17:33 am »

Indeed. I had kinda hitched my wagon to the Chargers this postseason, mainly for the "Hey, Eli, fuck you" factor, but alas...

As long as it's not Indianapolis or Philadelphia hoisting the shiny thing at the end, I'll be satisfied.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2005, 02:48:15 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
All home teams, all the time.  Write that down:  my prediction is that the home team will win every blessed game of this playoff season.


Nice prediction.  ASS.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2005, 10:00:49 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Kinda like Vikes-Pack right now.  Go meat preparers!


Holy krikey.  

It's OK.  This is how every GB/Vikes game has gone so far this year.  It's going to be OK.  It's going to be OK.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2005, 11:55:47 pm »

Too bad about the Bolts, although I was lucky enough to get to watch the Rams win with my in-laws in STL.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2005, 12:40:10 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
August, I'm sorry Bidwell carpet-bagged off with the old Cardinals, but I'm really disappointed in your support of a team poached from another city.

ALSO: St. Louis overpayed for that franchise.  Frontiere is a former titty dancer, they could have enticed her to move the Lambs out there using Ray's technique.


Oh Boo Hoo Hoo.  What, are you from L.A. or something?  Huh.... Oh, never mind.  Well, you could support the other NFL team in LA... No, I guess that wouldn't work either.  I'VE GOT IT!  We'll call 'em the St. Louis Rams of Los Angeles!

Actually, I support the Rams because I get to go see them once or twice a year.  What am I sposta do?  Go to the games and boo 'em?

Actually, my #1 team is the Dolphins, so I haven't much to root for this year.  I was able to support my team last night by rooting against the dog-ass Jets (lousy fuckin' Jets) but we all saw how that worked out.


Quote

ALSO ALSO: Randy Moss is a no class pig fucker. Just goes to prove you can't polish a turd.


Agreed.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2005, 01:12:52 am »

I'm having a hard time finding the disgrace in what Randy Moss did... unless there was more to it than the faux-mooning and what not that I didn't see on the replay.

Everyone talks about these sorts of things like they're godawful... I, for one, am terribly entertained by creative touchdown celebrations, especially the ones that pick at the fans in the stands. They're funny, they draw attention, I loves 'em.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2005, 01:43:50 am »

Well, at least I have somebody to root against in the playoffs.  I sort of saw the Randy Moss Ass Move during the game, but I watched the last 3/4 of the game in a bar with no sound on, so I didn't know if it was something to be upset about.  

I was hoping for Green Bay at least to win that one, but I wasn't really expecting anything after this game, so it's not hitting me that hard.  Nevertheless...

Hey Vikings:

Fuck You
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2005, 02:15:42 pm »

I didn't see what Randy Moss did yesterday as I was watching basketball during most of that game.  However, I think there is more than sufficient historical evidence that he is a no class pig fucker.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2005, 03:07:11 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Despite decades of disappointment, and the ego of Randy Moss, I still keep being a Vikings fan.


But to all you Vikings-haters, Fuck You (even if it's not still friday).
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up