Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs, week of Sept 27  (Read 7678 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« on: September 27, 2004, 02:27:55 am »

A windproof toque?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 04:02:51 am »

The Ray entry felt a little too much like "trying too hard" to me. Perhaps I am jaded.

Teodor's reference to "Rubber Rodeo" sort of floored me, though, if only because before this I'd assumed that "Rubber Rodeo" were some sort of joke band created by my SO to confuse me. I'm sort of scared now. Ruptured paradigms will do that.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 05:33:09 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm sort of scared now. Ruptured paradigms will do that.


Allow me to suggest this soothing topical cream.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 07:21:07 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Allow me to suggest this soothing topical cream.


Is it creepy that I just looked around in the "left-alone-since-2001-family-homepage" for like 10 minutes? Just a few moments ago, I was like, hmmm. This hasn't been updated for 2 years! I hope the kids are doing okay!

I think basically I need a life.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 04:55:53 pm »

Those kids are all dead now.  You are looking at the internet repository of their happiest living memories.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 05:16:40 pm »

Apparently Molly is just as insane as Beef is, only in different ways.  Crying in the freezer is not cool.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 06:53:07 pm »

This makes me more and more convinced that my SO and I are rapidly converging on actually being Beef and Molly, but less feline. I did not cry in a walk-in freezer today, but I did cry in the middle of Japanese class, which is sort of the same thing.

Also, the idea of hiding a bangle in a donut is absolutely fabulous, especially Beef's total lack of subtlety about it.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 07:21:51 pm »

Subtley = emergency dentistry

I applaud his warning. I've heard of people accidentally consuming engagement rings due to subtlety.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 07:39:27 pm »

i suppose i would break down and cry in the freezer every now and again if i used to live in heaven.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2004, 07:58:02 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
i suppose i would break down and cry in the freezer every now and again if i used to live in heaven.


Wow, thinking about it that way makes it pretty dag-gone romantic.  Molly gives up heaven to be with Beef.  That's hella Beren and Luthien.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2004, 08:37:21 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "arkabee"
i suppose i would break down and cry in the freezer every now and again if i used to live in heaven.

Wow, thinking about it that way makes it pretty dag-gone romantic.  Molly gives up heaven to be with Beef.  That's hella Beren and Luthien.

Not quite. She "died" in a fire returning her to earth which was presumably an accident. And the only to get back to heaven is to "die for real" so she can't return to heaven by choice.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 09:15:47 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "arkabee"
i suppose i would break down and cry in the freezer every now and again if i used to live in heaven.


Wow, thinking about it that way makes it pretty dag-gone romantic.  Molly gives up heaven to be with Beef.  That's hella Beren and Luthien.

Man, when you think about it that way... I agree with Cort that it was probably an accident and not a conscious act on Molly's part, but still. Hella nerdcore romantic, yo.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 10:37:38 pm »

um, regardless, SHE WAS ONCE IN HEAVEN LIVING AN IDYLLIC EXISTANCE IN HEAVEN.

and NOW she works at Applebees.

to reiterate: i would cry in the freezer too.

especially if the cook was mean.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2004, 12:15:26 am »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've never lived in heaven and I'd cry if I had to work at Applebee's too.  I come close to crying when I have to eat there, so...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs, week of Sept 27
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2004, 12:23:47 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've never lived in heaven and I'd cry if I had to work at Applebee's too.  I come close to crying when I have to eat there, so...

Looks like somebody needs a trip to Ruby Tuesday for some perspective.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up