Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: my baby's in playboy 10/21  (Read 7316 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
pre-emptive strike
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2004, 11:39:14 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Sorry, I'm not going to waltz down memory lane with you all by putting 80s lyrics here. Jesus, people.

Who said it necessarily had to be '80's lyrics? Now I'm just looking for an excuse to deploy "Copacabana."*

* "Copacabana" might actually be '80's, but I don't know and don't care.


Her name was Lola
She was a showgirl
With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there
She would merengue
And do the cha-cha
And while she tried to be a star, Tony always tended bar
Across the crowded floor
They worked from eight till four
They were young and they had each other
Who could ask for more?
At the Copa
Copacabana
The hottest spot north of Havana
At the Copa
Copacabana
Music and passion were always the fashion
At the Copa
They fell in love

His name was Rico
He wore a diamond
He was escorted to his chair and saw Lola dancing there
And when she finished
He called her over
But Rico went a bit too far and Tony sailed across the bar
And then the punches flew
And chairs were smashed in two
There was blood and a single gunshot
But just who shot who
At the Copa
Copacabana
The hottest spot north of Havana
At the Copa
Copacabana
Music and passion were always the fashion
At the Copa
She lost her love

Her name was Lola
She was a showgirl
But that was thirty years ago when there used to be a show
Now it's a disco
But not for Lola
Still in the dress she used to wear, painted feathers in her hair
She sits there so refined
And drinks herself half blind
She lost her youth, she lost her Tony
Now she's lost her mind
At the Copa
Copacabana
The hottest spot north of Havana
At the Copa
Copacabana
Music and passion were always the fashion
At the Copa
Don't fall in love
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
my baby's in playboy 10/21
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2004, 12:24:04 am »

You are a magnificent bastard, Mr. Isosceles. Point yielded.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
my baby's in playboy 10/21
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2004, 12:36:29 am »

Quote from: "ndpatel"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Sorry, I'm not going to waltz down memory lane with you all by putting 80s lyrics here. Jesus, people.


soon i discovered that this rock thing was true
jerry lee lewis was the devil
and jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
all of the sudden i found myself in love with the world
so there was only one thing left for me to do
was ding-a-ding-dang my dang-a-long-ling-long

jesus built my car
it's a love affair
namely, jesus, and my hot rod.


Yeah, fuck it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
my baby's in playboy 10/21
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2004, 01:07:03 am »

We had joy
We had fun
We had Seasons in the Sun
But the hills that we climbed
Were just Seasons out of Time
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
my baby's in playboy 10/21
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2004, 01:23:44 am »

I'm 'enery the 8th I am
'enery the 8th I am I am
I got married to the widdow next door
She's been married seven times before
And every man was an 'enery ('enery!)
She never had a Willy or a Sam (No Sam!)
I'm 'er 8th old man called 'enery
I'm 'enery the 8th I am.

(Second verse, same as the first)

I'm 'enery the 8th I am
'enery the 8th I am I am
I got married to the widdow next door
She's been married seven times before
And every man was an 'enery ('enery!)
She never had a Willy or a Sam (No Sam!)
I'm 'er 8th old man called 'enery
I'm 'enery the 8th I am.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
my baby's in playboy 10/21
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2004, 02:16:44 am »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
I'm 'enery the 8th I am
'enery the 8th I am I am
I got married to the widdow next door
She's been married seven times before
And every man was an 'enery ('enery!)
She never had a Willy or a Sam (No Sam!)
I'm 'er 8th old man called 'enery
I'm 'enery the 8th I am.

(Second verse, same as the first)

I'm 'enery the 8th I am
'enery the 8th I am I am
I got married to the widdow next door
She's been married seven times before
And every man was an 'enery ('enery!)
She never had a Willy or a Sam (No Sam!)
I'm 'er 8th old man called 'enery
I'm 'enery the 8th I am.


Sadly my mom sang that to me the other day just when I mentioned someone in a book I was reading named Leo XII.  ahah.  I chanted "no! No! no!  not that!"  while covering my ears :D
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
my baby's in playboy 10/21
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2004, 02:52:30 am »

Gypsies, Tramps and Theives
We heard it from the people of the town
They called us
Gypsies, Tramps and Theives...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
my baby's in playboy 10/21
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2004, 03:00:15 am »

Bang bang!
He shot me down... bang bang!
I hit the ground... bang bang! My baby shot me dooown....
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
my baby's in playboy 10/21
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2004, 03:13:54 am »

S! A! T-U-R! D-A-Y! NIGHT!

S! A! T-U-R! D-A-Y! NIGHT!
Logged

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
Re: pre-emptive strike
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2004, 03:42:24 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

Her name was Lola


well I’m not the world’s most masculine man
but I know what I am and I’m glad I’m a man
and so is lola
lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
my baby's in playboy 10/21
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2004, 05:46:15 am »

Jesus people.  Is it karaoke night at the message board?

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
my baby's in playboy 10/21
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2004, 06:27:46 am »

I know. This is embarrassing. I feel like I'm in the common room of my freshman dorm at 11pm.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
my baby's in playboy 10/21
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2004, 06:47:34 am »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
I feel like I'm in the common room of my freshman dorm at 11pm.


And you're the one standing in the corner with your arms crossed, amazed at how above all this you are while everyone else is busy enjoying themselves.

In a big country
Dreams stay with you
Like a lover's voice across the mountainside
Stay alive
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
my baby's in playboy 10/21
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2004, 08:01:44 am »

Quote from: "Limmo"
And you're the one standing in the corner with your arms crossed, amazed at how above all this you are while everyone else is busy enjoying themselves.


I think the door to the commons is unlocked and the janitor and his wife will be busy in those scarecrow costumes for a while so come on we can totally go steal an overhead projector, you said you wanted one for drawing our comics

Or at least maybe squeeze that note you wrote into her locker

NO ONE'S LOOKING!
Logged

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
my baby's in playboy 10/21
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2004, 11:05:33 am »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
I know. This is embarrassing. I feel like I'm in the common room of my freshman dorm at 11pm.


all that comes to mind when i think of my freshman dorm is the following phrase:

niiiiiiiiiice jewish girls.

but, you know.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up