Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04  (Read 5483 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« on: October 26, 2004, 10:43:38 am »

Good to see Pat again in the actual strip, being a super sized homo jackass as ever. I love his double standards... 'Throw this filthy smut out, (after I read it).' What a complete dick!

And I like, 'I think that grandparents...'
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 11:32:45 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Good to see Pat again in the actual strip, being a super sized homo jackass as ever. I love his double standards... 'Throw this filthy smut out, (after I read it).' What a complete dick!

And I like, 'I think that grandparents...'


And while we're at it, barbers shouldn't make much money.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 11:38:14 am »

I don't understand why it's an archipelago, besides for alliterative purposes.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 11:44:45 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I don't understand why it's an archipelago, besides for alliterative purposes.


Because "brickolage of parasites sucking at the teat of public largesse" doesn't have the same concise feel.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 12:46:25 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I don't understand why it's an archipelago, besides for alliterative purposes.

I was thinking because tollbooths tend to be in groups of a dozen or so but each separated by a stretch of road.

And you know you're dealing with a nut-job when "godless" gets used in a non-ironic sense.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 12:46:28 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

Because "brickolage of parasites sucking at the teat of public largesse" doesn't have the same concise feel.


OK, it may not be as concise, but damn that rules too.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 12:50:51 pm »

Past sounds like this guy I knew who insisted on filling the empty space at the end of every one of his mix tapes with "Tubular bells".
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 02:51:17 pm »

Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Pat sounds like this guy I knew who insisted on filling the empty space at the end of every one of his mix tapes with "Tubular bells".


Man, my 8th grade teacher LOVED Mike Oldfield. It was only on subsequent, post-Middle School listenings that I started to realize it was kinda, ummm, lame.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 03:21:23 pm »

I sort of kind of like "Tubular Bells," but not that much. Jeely kly.

Anyway, back on the comic: yeah, that's badly a "KKK goes to college" sort of tagline. (I've heard very similar rhetorical devices from our resident College Dick, the guy who insists that everyone who isn't paying full tuition is stealing college services from him.)

Also, I just love the fact that Pat included a mixtape. For no reason. It's so... Pat.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2004, 03:29:32 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "andalucia"
I don't understand why it's an archipelago, besides for alliterative purposes.

I was thinking because tollbooths tend to be in groups of a dozen or so but each separated by a stretch of road.



But it's not the tollbooths themselves that are being referred to, is it?  It's something more abstract about the affirmative action - industrial complex.

And you should update your blog Pat you lazy bastard.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2004, 03:39:52 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "andalucia"
I don't understand why it's an archipelago, besides for alliterative purposes.

I was thinking because tollbooths tend to be in groups of a dozen or so but each separated by a stretch of road.



But it's not the tollbooths themselves that are being referred to, is it?  It's something more abstract about the affirmative action - industrial complex.

And you should update your blog Pat you lazy bastard.


Overanalyzing diction
Of this and that
Makes you a prick
Just like Pat
Burma Shave
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2004, 03:46:51 pm »

So is this the "All Achewood Court" issue of the Playboy Advisor or what?  Three of them in a single issue?

My suspension of disbelief just went "twang."

However, if it brings Pat-funny goodness it is hard to complain.

The alt-text writer is also quite correct about Robert Fripp.  The guy aims to be Mr. Guitar or something.

I mean, he's no Yngwie Malmsteen.

V-Adore

  • Guest
The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2004, 03:49:49 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
So is this the "All Achewood Court" issue of the Playboy Advisor or what?  Three of them in a single issue?

My suspension of disbelief just went "twang."

To play devil's advocate: if this is the Underground version of the Playboy Advisor, the monomania is a little more understandable. I mean, we have no idea how the publishing culture of the Underground even works; maybe they just don't have very much range at all?

Quote
The alt-text writer is also quite correct about Robert Fripp.  The guy aims to be Mr. Guitar or something.

I mean, he's no Yngwie Malmsteen.

That is a low, low blow and is also so totally fair. Yes.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2004, 03:52:39 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
So is this the "All Achewood Court" issue of the Playboy Advisor or what?  Three of them in a single issue?

My suspension of disbelief just went "twang."

However, if it brings Pat-funny goodness it is hard to complain.

The alt-text writer is also quite correct about Robert Fripp.  The guy aims to be Mr. Guitar or something.

I mean, he's no Yngwie Malmsteen.


Sometimes I wonder if Onstad models Pat after you.

 :wink:
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The affirmative action archipelago - 26 Oct '04
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2004, 03:55:19 pm »

Perhaps, but somehow I think Pat is an asshole unironically.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up