Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3  (Read 8398 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2004, 12:08:42 am »

I will feel better about this if my candidates and/or amendments are victorious.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2004, 12:11:37 am »

Bloody nipple spots. There had better be a fetish porn site about this or I will lose faith in the interweb.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2004, 01:03:15 am »

If Bush wins, the continental flavor that the strip will pick up from the change of scenery will help to soothe the pain.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2004, 08:06:32 pm »

Quote from: "Lyle"
mother of leather it's like I just fell in a pool of sex.

Now that's what I'm talking about. I think this subplot ought to work out quite nicely. I see Liquid Banjo in the future.

I'm worried about Mr. Bear.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2004, 09:21:18 pm »

Achewood: It's all about the blumpkin.
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2004, 09:24:30 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Lyle"
mother of leather it's like I just fell in a pool of sex.

Now that's what I'm talking about. I think this subplot ought to work out quite nicely. I see Liquid Banjo in the future.

I'm worried about Mr. Bear.

Lyle gets to live out my greatest alcoholic dream: touring Scotland distilleries on someone else's dime.

Mmmmm, Scotland.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2004, 09:29:42 pm »

Quote from: "superock101"
Achewood: It's all about the blumpkin.

Every strip needs a running joke. Calvin had The Noodle Incident, Liberty Meadows has Chupacabra, Garfield has pretty much everything. Now Achewood has blumpkins.

[edit: I had the complete wrong word for Liberty Meadows]
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2004, 09:46:27 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Calvin had The Noodle Incident...


You'll never prove that was him!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2004, 10:01:17 pm »

Also I think he has confused Quebec with Canada.  But yes, in this glorious province I could get poutine at McDonalds if I so desired*, or at any of the numerous locations of La Belle Province, the official poutine franchise.  And yes, today it definitely is nipple-endangeringly cold.   But it's a small price to pay.  I don't even know when the last time was that I heard about our prime minister doing anything at all.**





* I do not.
** And Paul Martin's pretty corrupt by Canadian political standards.
Logged
goose means greedy

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2004, 10:37:29 pm »

I was going to say that Philippe not winning the presidency is the saddest thing, but after re-reading this, it doesn't really compare.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2004, 11:28:35 pm »

Anyone else notice that the Onstads seem to be pregnant?  I'm beginning to worry again that reading this board is some kind of fertility enhancer.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2004, 12:30:29 am »

Ha, Asherdan! Your fertility symbols have no power over me!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2004, 12:34:59 am »

I personally find the blumpkin thing forced and inexplicable, a vaguely-funny joke aged way past its prime, but that may just be me.

Congratulations to the Onstads on the apparently-extant proto-baby.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2004, 01:07:33 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I personally find the blumpkin thing forced and inexplicable, a vaguely-funny joke aged way past its prime, but that may just be me.

He could drill it into the ground until it circles itself into becoming funny again.

Uma, Ophrah.
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2004, 02:26:21 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I personally find the blumpkin thing forced and inexplicable, a vaguely-funny joke aged way past its prime, but that may just be me.

This is the essence of Onstad.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up