Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"  (Read 7473 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« on: November 17, 2004, 11:04:31 am »

Yes, yes, YES!
Proactive Beef gives hope to the masses!
I'm loving this change but fear it isn't going to stick.
Weldon is a rock but what'll happen if he should...break?
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 01:12:36 pm »

Tonight, the part of Roast Beef will be played by Samuel L Jackson.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 01:21:29 pm »

Onstad truly has "grokked" the idea of timing. Not punchline timing that you see in throwaway episodic humor like sitcoms, but long-arc timing that you often see in character dramas, comic books, and cult classic television shows. It's not that we weren't expecting Beef to finally be pushed to the wall until he grew a pair; we were. It's not that we didn't see it coming; of course we did. But the long, slow buildup, the layering upon layering and inexorable approach, is what makes for good sex, good chili, and good storytelling. I would advise not doing all three at once otherwise you'll be telling good stories about how your good chili ruined your good sex.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 01:26:11 pm »

Now Beef has to go round and take Molly out to make up for his being absent for a while! All being supahfly...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 01:55:57 pm »

um,

is he beating his grandmother in the last panel?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 02:27:22 pm »

Pat comes over to kill Beef.

Finds Gramma K. instead.

Romance blossoms.

/Karnac
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 02:28:53 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
um,

is he beating his grandmother in the last panel?


Don't believe so; that would be more like "SLAP Slap slap slap" - either he's pounding on the door (my guess) or he's shooting her over and over (good musb* I hope not)


* mysterious unnamed supreme being
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 03:39:55 pm »

Wow, yeah, I definitely agree with what Bobby said. This is really really good.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 03:43:51 pm »

Excellent!  Excellent!  Excellent!

I'm just concerned about the bangs.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 04:08:55 pm »

Sweet mother of mercy.

I'm frightened.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 04:33:54 pm »

Maybe Beef is nailing boards over the door to Gramma K's room so's she has to stay put.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 04:42:52 pm »

That was Pat shooting Weldon. He may have somehow imitated Gramma K or just used that as an opportunity to be alone with the dog.

Either that or Beef was just knocking on the door which was slammed shut in panel 6.
Logged

foolio

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 53
    • View Profile
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2004, 04:58:12 pm »

no uh i think it's gramma K shooting Roast Beef such as other characters have shot him before
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2004, 05:14:50 pm »

Truly, it is the limit that Beef is more protective of his plastic pet than he ever was of Molly, with regard to Gramma K.

As for the bangs, at first I assumed it was Beef banging on the door and/or table, but... hmmm.

Despite references to the Lash I doubt he would actually assault Gramma; the Pat distraction hypothesis looks more and more interesting upon further reflection.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
17-11-04 "I am the law, I am the lash!"
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2004, 05:33:03 pm »

Well, if that's the case then it makes sense that Pat would shoot the AIBO.  I mean, he never intended to shoot Beef last time - but he seems to have no qualms about shooting a *****.

So that would make sense.  I guess we'll find out Monday.  Or else the storyline may just abruptly drop.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up