Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27  (Read 5141 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« on: November 23, 2004, 09:15:38 pm »

I have to say that I absolutely do not approve of Sober Lyle.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 09:30:27 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I'm reading Lyle's posts and totally thinking of Flowers for Algernon.


Deep and Grelicious, my miggroid. I can totally see that.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 09:36:35 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I'm reading Lyle's posts and totally thinking of Flowers for Algernon.

Deep and Grelicious, my miggroid. I can totally see that.

Did I just stumble into NewsRadio?

Gizzizup, my disnoofus.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 09:49:42 pm »

Oh man, poor Lyle's totally lost it.  I never liked him, but this is awful.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 09:53:04 pm »

Yeah, I can't believe he's too far gone to realize that he's living in the ultimate stereotypical porn scenario.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 10:01:03 pm »

Nah, they'll give him a sip of wine or something and he'll be right back to normal.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 10:19:52 pm »

It's pretty obvious he's planning his escape, so I'm sure he'll be drunk and back to normal soon enough.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 12:29:03 am »

I don't know what you guys are on; Lyleblog is awesome.  (maybe it's just because Lyle's one of my favorites)  Personally, I think the combination of being sober + reading all those Bonnie Branigan Sisters Mystery Series books are what's making him write like this.  It's hilarious.

If it's in italics, it has to be irrefutably true
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 05:05:15 pm »

Lyle is a perfectly functioning, efficient system: when prevented from getting drunk, his competence increases until it reaches the point where he can circumvent whatever obstacles stand between him and the bottle. I marvel at the exquisite work of evolution.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 05:19:01 pm »

FerJ - Did you steal that avatar from somewhere, or did you make your own Meatwad at such as a barbecue?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 06:25:50 pm »

I'm badly looking forward to Lyle's escape.

Also, this is a little late, but Nice Pete's novel is poetry. I can entirely grok Eustance K. Dobbs's holistic gestalt, you know?
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 09:12:02 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
FerJ - Did you steal that avatar from somewhere, or did you make your own Meatwad at such as a barbecue?

I found the picture somewhere on the internet; I only wish I had thought to do something so clever!
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2004, 02:11:28 am »

Quote from: "sensate"
Lyle is a perfectly functioning, efficient system: when prevented from getting drunk, his competence increases until it reaches the point where he can circumvent whatever obstacles stand between him and the bottle. I marvel at the exquisite work of evolution.

This is beautiful, and I know this
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Not quite reached the pinnacle of evolution yet, though.  He doesn't wake up with the gin already in him.

will come true eventually. I really am impressed at how much depth the blogs add to particular characters. I really enjoy Pat, Lyle, and Téodor even more now than I did before the blogs.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 02:14:04 pm »

Man, the soberer Lyle gets, the more like an obssesive-compulsive Mr. Bear he becomes.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2004, 02:18:04 am »

What would you put on a cornish hen bar?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up