Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Poll

So, merch: you in or you out?

I'm all in.
- 12 (54.5%)
Count me out!
- 4 (18.2%)
I prefer to waffle.
- 5 (22.7%)
I have no idea what your strange and alien "merchandise" represents!
- 1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 30, 2004, 12:24:44 pm


Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)  (Read 5210 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« on: November 30, 2004, 12:24:44 pm »

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I'm not sure about the barware, as (as many of you have probably observed) my investment in alcohol and the booze lifestyle is near-nonexistent, but I respect it highly in theory; I'll almost certainly be picking up a keychain, though, and lip balm is a definite possibility.

(A random thought about the lip balm and hot sauce: if these were available in larger packs, ideally at a slight unit discount, that would be fiercely tempting. I'm not sure how long one lip-balm stick would be useful, but a pack of three or so would no doubt get me through the lip-balm-requiring season.)

I am vaguely wondering why the Todd shirt is back, too. Did it sneak in under cover of night? When I first saw it in the QuickShip window, I had assumed that it was QuickShip to clear out the last few shirts of that design or whatever, but it appears to be back in custom, too. Okaaay...
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 01:31:05 pm »

I am a sucker for anything with the Science logo on it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 02:30:41 pm »

All of my pint glasses have been breaking lately.  My basal nervous system wants the Lyle's Achewater pint glasses.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 02:36:24 pm »

I always have a pint glass that is somewhat personalised, as I try desperately to not let myself get dehydrated (I am really bad for just not drinking all day and then feeling a bit ill). Mine got broken a while back and I've been using a decidedly dull one since. I don't know if it would survive import though. That and the fact I can't afford anything right now.

I hope they remain available for a little longer, just in case.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 02:56:30 pm »

I just ordered Vol. 4, the Science magnet, a pair of pint glasses, and some lip balm for my SO.

I seriously considered some buttons for my messenger bag, but decided against it because the ones I want are all spread out. If we could mix+match our own set I'd order it, but I don't want to buy all 4 sets to get the buttons I like.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 03:16:31 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I seriously considered some buttons for my messenger bag, but decided against it because the ones I want are all spread out. If we could mix+match our own set I'd order it, but I don't want to buy all 4 sets to get the buttons I like.

I'm with you on this one.  Ever since I lost the science pin off my bag, I've wanted a replacement.  But I don't really need dupes of the rest of button set one.

Chris, if you're out there, I'd pay a premium for mix-n-match button sets. (But not too much of one, as I am a cheap bastard at heart)
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 05:44:31 pm »

I bought the Lyle shirt. But I don't think it has arrived yet.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 07:53:14 pm »

I'd be interested in further information about how the pint glasses are printed, and how well the printing holds up to multiple dishwashings.  I've had pint glasses that were personalized which were just plain glass in less than a year (all the printing having worn off) and others which survived several years.  I know that the store text says "professional silkscreen" but both the former and latter set of glasses fell into that category in some way.  Mr. Onstad, if you're out there, have you tested these glasses yourself for durability/longlastedness?  They seem like excellent Christmas gift ideas for fellow Achewood readers.
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 08:10:55 pm »

I e-mailed Chris about the buttons. He says they're considering a re-design of the buttons page but not before the holidays.
Logged

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 02:36:21 am »

wwooaahh.
how on earth can you drink a pint from a whisky-branded glass.
that's all wrong.


unless you're lemmy, in which case you drink a pint of whisky. but i'm not lemmy.
and you're not lemmy.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 03:36:16 am »

Quote from: "palm trees"
wwooaahh.
how on earth can you drink a pint from a whisky-branded glass.
that's all wrong.


unless you're lemmy, in which case you drink a pint of whisky. but i'm not lemmy.
and you're not lemmy.


I'm Lemmy. OK, clearly I'm not.
That aside, it's not whisky branded. It's Achewater. I mean, fine, from the sound of Achewater, be it real or not, you wouldn't want to drink a pint of the stuff, let alone any. But it's still an awesome glass, and for me and everyday use, all I drink from is a pint glass.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004, 06:42:33 am »

Quote from: "Lane"
I'd be interested in further information about how the pint glasses are printed, and how well the printing holds up to multiple dishwashings.


Thanks for asking. The glasses hold up to hot, full-cycle dishwashing perfectly - they actually look a little better (the ink is glossier) after the initial wash. The ink is heat-set and rock-hard.

We test all our products before we offer them -- for example, I consumed many pints of Bass out of these glasses in order to make sure that the experience of using them is pleasing. I will be equally vigilant in testing the soon-to-arrive Rabbit Ambulance shot glasses.
Logged

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2004, 10:15:46 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "palm trees"
wwooaahh.
how on earth can you drink a pint from a whisky-branded glass.
that's all wrong.


unless you're lemmy, in which case you drink a pint of whisky. but i'm not lemmy.
and you're not lemmy.


I'm Lemmy. OK, clearly I'm not.
That aside, it's not whisky branded.


well i do suppose the enormous ACHEWATER written on the glass does give that one away (although here is the source of my confusion), but i'm still not fond of drinking beer from a not-beer glass. guess that's just me, though.

rabbit ambulance shot glasses, however: how deliciously appropriate.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2004, 12:08:34 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"

We test all our products before we offer them -- for example, I consumed many pints of Bass out of these glasses in order to make sure that the experience of using them is pleasing. I will be equally vigilant in testing the soon-to-arrive Rabbit Ambulance shot glasses.


Oh the hardship! Good to know they're checked out mind. Good to know you have the vices of your characters too.

Quote from: "palm trees"

but i'm still not fond of drinking beer from a not-beer glass.


Well. I never actually drink beer from a glass. The only beer I ever seem to drink anymore is Corona, and it's barely even a beer.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New Merch (as of 30th November 2004)
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2004, 02:57:06 pm »

I just don't drink beer. I'm pretty sure the only beverages my Lyle glasses will contain are water and apple-peach juice. And maybe, maybe some Switch if I decide to use it as a mixer.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up