I love how half this thread is a discussion of the nature of racism as it relates to ethicity and nationality and the other half is about grocery stores. Shine on, you crazy diamonds! To hit both halves:
* Honestly, do we have any evidence that Pat doesn't think that things like "opening car doors slowly" is genetic? Pat seems like the sort of guy who assumes that all negative traits are hardwired in the genes; it's an excellent excuse to oppose rehabilitation programs and cultural understanding. (And by "the sort of guy who assumes that all negative traits are hardwired in the genes," I of course mean "dickwad.")
* I grew up on and still have a soft spot for Safeway, although I also miss the Fred Meyer of my youth. Nowadays, well, Brookshire's is very nice when I'm home, and Hy-Vee, while stupidly named, was relatively reliable back in Nebraska (as opposed to flaky-ass IGA and the worst Albertsons in the free world). At college, all we have is Stop and Shop and Price Chopper, chains I resolutely do not understand. I've been to Trader Joe's a few times and was thoroughly underwhelmed, although the SO swore on it for a while when they still carried vile aloe-based beverages.
EDIT: Images cut out of thread because of random moderator fiat.