Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hot guts - 20/12/04  (Read 7945 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« on: December 20, 2004, 12:24:59 pm »

Brilliant...just...brilliant.
Primal scream therapy for cats.
And the alt.text made it even funnier.
"Sitting on a park bench...."
Logged

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 01:30:42 pm »

What a great awesome strip. I love it. Love it. Love it.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 01:58:57 pm »

I love the ongoing joke/assumption that Ray is  constantly had by eBay (Little Nephew's shenanigans being an example). "the guy on eBay said it might take a few minutes for our primal instincts to kick back in, dude!" This, plus Broadicus Dickus, leads us to believe that Ray is just a total goofball who will try anything at least once.

Also, your obligatory Scandinavian Music Video. Featuring Samantha Fox! She's aged well, but her seductive crawl does look like it has an artificial hip somewhere in the equation.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 02:01:26 pm »

I'm guessing Beef's first instinct would be to call the gazelle ambulance. All employing the principles of sprinting instead of rolling.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 02:06:44 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm guessing Beef's first instinct would be to call the gazelle ambulance. All employing the principles of sprinting instead of rolling.


Apparently a "bok" is a family of gazelles. The most famous is the springbok, which I think we've most of us heard of. But there's also the rhebok/reebok, which is of course the logo of the shoe of the same name.

I found that out on http://www.halbrindley.com/ - some of his pictures, especially the Africa stuff, is absolutely breathtaking, including his shot of the leopard taking out a crocodile.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 02:21:37 pm »

How could this thread not be titled "Hell of such as meow?"
Great strip.  Those kabobs sound pretty good.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 03:07:19 pm »

Hot guts.
More immediate, that's all.
Typing out complex beefisms may have compromised my ability to start the thread and experience the giddy rush of joy knowing that I AM THE LEADER AND YOU ARE ALL MY FOLLOWERS!!
*froths at mouth and collapses to floor overcome by oblique and ghastly forum powers*
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 03:10:48 pm »

Quote from: "cellardoor"
Hot guts.
More immediate, that's all.
Typing out complex beefisms may have compromised my ability to start the thread and experience the giddy rush of joy knowing that I AM THE LEADER AND YOU ARE ALL MY FOLLOWERS!!
*froths at mouth and collapses to floor overcome by oblique and ghastly forum powers*


Please do not make me find a second Scandinavian cheesecore video to shut you up.   :wink:
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 04:56:44 pm »

I love this so hard.  

But I don't understand the alt-text.   The only Tull I know is Jethro and I am just old enough to know who that is, and not old enough I guess to know if they had big hair like lions, and definitely uncool enough that this could be about something else entirely.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 04:58:00 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
I love this so hard.  

But I don't understand the alt-text.   The only Tull I know is Jethro and I am just old enough to know who that is, and not old enough I guess to know if they had big hair like lions, and definitely uncool enough that this could be about something else entirely.


What would Lyle do in such a situation? He is, after all, a tiger.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2004, 04:58:06 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
But there's also the rhebok/reebok, which is of course the logo of the shoe of the same name.



No kidding?  And I thought I knew my mammals.  Youall are just so educational.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2004, 04:59:58 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
But there's also the rhebok/reebok, which is of course the logo of the shoe of the same name.



No kidding?  And I thought I knew my mammals.  Youall are just so educational.


And of course the Nike, which I think is a kind of (perhaps mythical?) Hellenic bird.

Personally, I wore (shades of Ray?) British Knights sneakers if I could get away with it. Those things were Keds-level indestructible, but had a ghetto-Reebok coolness level.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2004, 05:21:56 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Personally, I wore (shades of Ray?) British Knights sneakers if I could get away with it. Those things were Keds-level indestructible, but had a ghetto-Reebok coolness level.

BK's were cool in elementary school because they were the shoes that Nickelodeon gave away on all their game shows. And you can't tell me that you didn't want to be on Double Dare.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2004, 05:23:42 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Personally, I wore (shades of Ray?) British Knights sneakers if I could get away with it. Those things were Keds-level indestructible, but had a ghetto-Reebok coolness level.

BK's were cool in elementary school because they were the shoes that Nickelodeon gave away on all their game shows. And you can't tell me that you didn't want to be on Double Dare.


British Knights seemed to be contemporary with Pogo Ball and Garbage Pail Kids.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2004, 06:08:01 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Personally, I wore (shades of Ray?) British Knights sneakers if I could get away with it. Those things were Keds-level indestructible, but had a ghetto-Reebok coolness level.


I wore those shoes in 7th grade. The so-called coolness of those shoes did nothing to stop people from picking on me mercilessly, though. I guess if the cool kids decide you're a dork, there is absolutely nothing you can do to change their minds, no matter how many pairs of MC Hammer ##### you own. Gah! Junior High memories! Make them stop!
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up