Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hot guts - 20/12/04  (Read 7937 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 06:22:56 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Personally, I wore (shades of Ray?) British Knights sneakers if I could get away with it. Those things were Keds-level indestructible, but had a ghetto-Reebok coolness level.


I wore those shoes in 7th grade. The so-called coolness of those shoes did nothing to stop people from picking on me mercilessly, though. I guess if the cool kids decide you're a dork, there is absolutely nothing you can do to change their minds, no matter how many pairs of MC Hammer ****** you own. Gah! Junior High memories! Make them stop!


I was cool because i had kiddie-equivalent of bling bling. Guess denim jackets and stonewashed jeans, gimp bracelet on one hand and snap bracelets on the other (but never switched: no, no, that meant you were a homo...
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 06:26:04 pm »

When BKs were big I was living in California, and the word on the street was that you shouldn't wear BKs because only Crips wear them.  (BK = Blood Killers)

This was amusing since I lived in probably the single whitest city in these United States.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 06:29:47 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
When BKs were big I was living in California, and the word on the street was that you shouldn't wear BKs because only Crips wear them.  (BK = Blood Killers)

This was amusing since I lived in probably the single whitest city in these United States.


White-boy slang is the best. Like Ray, all trotting out the blumpkin$$$ and doggz 2 tha bizz0ne!
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2004, 07:25:03 pm »

This is the first strip where I noticed, consciously, that Ray has rounded ears whereas Beef has pointy ones.

If asked previous to this to describe the differences, I would most likely have listed:

Ray's omnipresent spectacles
Ray is the chubby cat
Ray has the thong

But never ear shape. I feel unobservant.

Also, there is a surprising amount of scrap titanium to be had on eBay.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2004, 09:00:42 pm »

Jethro Tull.
It must be a musical reference. The band (or at least Ian Anderson) were quite hirsute, facially.
I've always linked Jethro Tull and their fans to beards so i'm sure this is the alt.txt reference.
I'll eat my hat if it isn't!
Its either that or a guarded admission to Onstad's love of British agricultural history....either way, $COOL!$
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2004, 09:29:15 pm »

Quote from: "cellardoor"
Jethro Tull.


Rock flute.  BOO TO THAT!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2004, 09:41:02 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"
This is the first strip where I noticed, consciously, that Ray has rounded ears whereas Beef has pointy ones.

If asked previous to this to describe the differences, I would most likely have listed:

Ray's omnipresent spectacles
Ray is the chubby cat
Ray has the thong

But never ear shape. I feel unobservant.

Never forget the nipples. Nipples are key.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2004, 11:11:58 pm »

Nice strip, but Onstad better not take the week off.  We need Taco Bell closure.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2004, 11:40:28 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Formica"
This is the first strip where I noticed, consciously, that Ray has rounded ears whereas Beef has pointy ones.

If asked previous to this to describe the differences, I would most likely have listed:

Ray's omnipresent spectacles
Ray is the chubby cat
Ray has the thong

But never ear shape. I feel unobservant.

Never forget the nipples. Nipples are key.


If I were more resourceful, I'd CJ this one. Since I am not so rad as he, I will make an attempt.

In the Ray's Place advice column for August 26th, someone thought that Ray was a Scottish Fold.

Quote from: "Ray's Place"
What breed of cat are you? We're betting on Scottish Fold, because of your ear shape. I'm looking into cat ownership—excuse me, companionship—in the near future and I want a cat just like you.
Hell's Kitchen


Dear Hell’s Kitchen,

Naw baby, I ain’t no jackassed Scottish Fold. Folds are real ugly and they have this retarded accent that’s all like, “Hewwo! How awe yew?” You know, like that deaf priest in Princess Bride.

I’m an American Curl. Registered CFA two-time national Grand Champion, at that! American Curls are known for having a generally amiable disposition, but we can really bring sack if the situation calls for it.


Quote from: "Advice Column for September 9"
More  proof  that Scottish Folds are a boil on the ass of feline society. (scroll down)

What kind of respectable creature would honestly allow themselves to be photographed wearing this crap? [rest of letter omitted]
MG, Internet


Dear MG.,

Yeah, thanks for the link. That site definitely ain’t helpin’ out the SASF (Society for the Advancement of Scottish Folds). Heh...man, look at those little dummies. They're all like "Hewwo! How awwe yew! Wouwd yew wike tew buy a fwoggie hat?"


And of course, my rebuttal:
Quote from: "Somebody nice"

Dear Ray,

This letter is a big "fuck you" from all the Scottish Folds of the world.
Love, Linnea & Milan


Dear Linnea,

Don’t you mean “fwuck wou?” Ha ha! That’s the first thing that came to mind. See you bitches later.


Heh.  I know I've quoted this before, but I just had to include it in this discussion.  Speaking of Scottish Folds, here is Milan (one of my guys. He and his brother, Lennybruce, live with me and are the two best kitties in the world imho). Milan and Lennybruce will be 2 years old on January 27th. This is a picture of Milan when he was a wee laddie.

Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2004, 01:03:47 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I was cool because i had kiddie-equivalent of bling bling. Guess denim jackets and stonewashed jeans, gimp bracelet on one hand and snap bracelets on the other (but never switched: no, no, that meant you were a homo...


oh man dogg old junior high fads such as such as snap bracelets and wearing clothes backwards and inside out Kris Kros stylzzz

also, Don't 4get tha k00$h ballz!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2004, 03:56:26 am »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I was cool because i had kiddie-equivalent of bling bling. Guess denim jackets and stonewashed jeans, gimp bracelet on one hand and snap bracelets on the other (but never switched: no, no, that meant you were a homo...


oh man dogg old junior high fads such as such as snap bracelets and wearing clothes backwards and inside out Kris Kros stylzzz

also, Don't 4get tha k00$h ballz!


Overalls with one strap down!
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2004, 05:35:52 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I was cool because i had kiddie-equivalent of bling bling. Guess denim jackets and stonewashed jeans, gimp bracelet on one hand and snap bracelets on the other (but never switched: no, no, that meant you were a homo...


oh man dogg old junior high fads such as such as snap bracelets and wearing clothes backwards and inside out Kris Kros stylzzz

also, Don't 4get tha k00$h ballz!


Overalls with one strap down!

Wearing backpacks with one strap only!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2004, 05:40:02 am »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I was cool because i had kiddie-equivalent of bling bling. Guess denim jackets and stonewashed jeans, gimp bracelet on one hand and snap bracelets on the other (but never switched: no, no, that meant you were a homo...


oh man dogg old junior high fads such as such as snap bracelets and wearing clothes backwards and inside out Kris Kros stylzzz

also, Don't 4get tha k00$h ballz!


Overalls with one strap down!

Wearing backpacks with one strap only!


I would totally found a corporation whose performance reviews were based on the principles of the childhood game MASH and those little fortune telling devices you can make out of paper.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2004, 05:57:36 am »

I remember those things but I was in between high school and college at the time.

<-- old

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Hot guts - 20/12/04
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2004, 05:59:58 am »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Quote from: "cellardoor"
Jethro Tull.


Rock flute.  BOO TO THAT!


Bon Scott played recorder in a band before he was in AC/DC - and I, unfortunately, have seen the video.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up