Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs Jan 5 - whenever  (Read 8694 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« on: January 05, 2005, 02:10:04 pm »

OK, how did it happen that the blog week starts on Wednesday?

And why isn't anyone posting about the blogs?  Go read about Molly and Phillippe and say clever things, already.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 02:21:57 pm »

Don't most kids start with sugar cereals then work their way up to more adult stuff? Is Philippe a backwards child or was I?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 02:35:33 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Don't most kids start with sugar cereals then work their way up to more adult stuff? Is Philippe a backwards child or was I?

I was thinking the same thing -- as far as I know, the big rite of passage was reaching a point where one could happily eat non-sugared cereals without having to dump a sugar shaker on it.* Nonetheless, I can see Teodor's point when it comes to Philippe.

* I have not yet reached this point of maturity
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 02:38:33 pm »

Molly, I don't think they'll have a baby no matter how hard they try.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 02:39:35 pm »

Cinnamon Toast Crunch almost completely a sugar cereal?  Try "totally."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 03:14:38 pm »

I was never allowed sugar cereals when I was young, so when I first left the house and was doing my own grocery shopping I started buying them.  I never did develop a taste for them, though.  I mostly eat Rasin Bran these days.  

I have never seen live gay sex.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 03:15:58 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Don't most kids start with sugar cereals then work their way up to more adult stuff? Is Philippe a backwards child or was I?

I was thinking the same thing -- as far as I know, the big rite of passage was reaching a point where one could happily eat non-sugared cereals without having to dump a sugar shaker on it.* Nonetheless, I can see Teodor's point when it comes to Philippe.

* I have not yet reached this point of maturity

Actually now that I think about neither have I. The raisin bran I sometimes eat has sugar. And the box of shredded wheat I keep at my desk for snacking is clearly frosted. I apparently, am sugar's bitch.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 03:27:55 pm »

Thank you all for your prompt attention to my instructions.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 03:32:31 pm »

So, why doesn't Molly have a social security card?  Because she was dead?  Or is she just Canadian?  

Her hair, socks, and backpack in her first appearance on earth suggest the latter.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2005, 03:41:43 pm »

Cats can get SSN's now?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 04:06:35 pm »

Mmmmm, Raisin Bran with slightly under-ripe bananas and ice cold milk. Gaaaarrrgggh. </homer>

Yeah, Raisin Bran raisins are generally encrusted with sugar, and frosted mini wheats are, uh, frosted, but can foods with as much fiber as these two have really be considered junk food, even with the refined sugar?  I think not.

Sugar cereals were not allowed when I was a kid, except occasionally Honey Nut Cheerios.  I remember getting sugar cereal at friends' houses when I stayed for sleepovers and being appalled. Cap'n Crunch all shredding the roof of my mouth.  Lucky Charms I found incredibly nasty--the cereal part, which is really just frosted Cheerios is okay, but what the hell is up with those "marshmallows"?  Alpha-bits are also frosted Cheerios.

I can chow down on some Honey Graham Life, though.  The baby likes it!  Yeah, the baby.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2005, 04:13:08 pm »

I'm one of the few people who like regular Cap'n Krunch apparently. Well, me and the guy in Cryptonomicon.

Of course cats get SSNs. And insurance cards and whatnot. They clearly have a social services industry all their own.

Also, I just realized this marks another instance of Beef's sodium paranoia
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2005, 04:21:42 pm »

In the UK all we have is porridge. With salt on it.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2005, 06:09:37 pm »

I fuckin' love Cap'n Crunch.  I don't get people who say it tears up the roof of one's mouth.  They must have some wimpy-ass mouths.

Also, Cap'n Crunch sent me to the junior prom.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs Jan 5 - whenever
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 06:12:18 pm »

Cap'n Crunch totally destroys my mouth every time, and I grew up on Frosted Mini-Wheats -- which may be God's chosen cereal, judging by its near-hypnotic ability to convince people it is healthy while it still visibly has hell of sugar. Maybe you are just a MUTANT, Carlos.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up