OK, I guess it's about time for an update.
First and foremost, Doc has decided that my particular combination of complications warrant an induction if I haven't delivered by the 21st. This is a week in advance of my due date, which is fine by me. So we'll be going to the hospital at 5:30 AM next Monday, if not before. I've shown a few signs of preparedness about which I'm sure you'd rather not hear the details, but I seem to be seriously lacking in the contractions department (very few false labor contractions, even). So I don't expect at this point to deliver naturally. Somewhat disappointing, but my brother and I were both induced and at least one of us appears to have turned out OK.
Second, in spite of the results of the poll that appeared above, Pedro and I have agreed to spell our son's nickname "Pearce." It's good to see that, in these troubled times, for once, at least, clearer heads have indeed prevailed.
Photos will, of course, be posted as soon as they are available. We have a digital camera and high-speed internet access from the hospital, so expect something by Monday evening. In the meantime, Pedro and I can hardly stand the anticipation. I hope all the other new babes are doing well, and I hope the new parents are keeping up on their sleep rather than being so silly as to post here. I, personally, am caught up in last-minute preparations and probably won't be around again (except, perhaps, to lurk briefly) until after the boy makes his appearance.
See you kids on the flip side.