Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style  (Read 9014 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« on: January 21, 2005, 12:07:30 pm »

I have no real comment other than we all sort of foresaw this, even if, in fact, we didn't.

this is the sole benefit of staying up to ungodly hours when you are all kinds of tired.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

southworth813

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uglyhill.com
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 12:27:25 pm »

How is it possible to foresee a cartoon cat dressing up like a young John Cusack and passionatley displaying job options for his girlfriend?

I laughed out loud today because I, for one, did not see that coming.
Logged
You, Lynrd Skynrd hat. Me, little kitty...

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 01:17:43 pm »

I wanted something like this to happen but in no way could've predicted it.
GO BEEF!
Logged

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 01:52:07 pm »

Beef would never use Internet Exploder. Never.

We'll just chalk that up to Ray not knowing jack about computers, and just assuming that that's the only browser around because that's what came with his computer.

I'm sure that Beef rocks the Firefox.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 01:56:34 pm »

Or wrote his own a la Jason Fox.

But anyway, this strip contains 300% RDA of Awesome. I mean just look at the drawing of Beef.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 02:00:48 pm »

best allusion ever.

God this strip makes me happy.  And I barely even remember the 80's.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 02:20:32 pm »

The phrase "Lloyd Dobler-style" alone is just classic as hell.

This is all.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 02:30:58 pm »

Good to see Beef's car again as well.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 03:13:54 pm »

Though this is the single greatest act of love a cartoon cat has ever committed, one has to ask...how the hell will Molly see the job listings if she's in a mop closet?
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

southworth813

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uglyhill.com
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 03:33:35 pm »

Where I come from, that is known as "nitpicking", and is frowned upon.
Logged
You, Lynrd Skynrd hat. Me, little kitty...

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 03:38:54 pm »

Quote from: "southworth813"
Where I come from, that is known as "nitpicking", and is frowned upon.


Or if you're going to do this, do it Jough-style.

Quote from: "imaginary jough stereotype"
Molly can't see the laptop because she's in the mop closet. Maybe if Onstad were actually putting effort into his work rather than problem drinking, shilling every doodle he makes and beating up hardworking immigrants, he'd realize that.


 :wink:
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 03:44:25 pm »

Bobby Isosceles is an E-ticket ride.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005, 03:53:16 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Bobby Isosceles is an E-ticket ride.


Seconded.  And so are you, Ace.  So are you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2005, 04:25:36 pm »

Writing here from the Totally Out Of It department, I had no idea who Lloyd Dobler was, but thank god for the internet, plot summaries, and pictures of the covers of DVDs, I now almost know what the hell is the point of this.  

I also see that there is a local band here called The Lloyd Dobler Effect, some of whose members are from Silver Spring, where I live.

Carry on.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
1-21-05: Lloyd Dobler-style
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2005, 04:30:32 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"

I also see that there is a local band here called The Lloyd Dobler Effect, some of whose members are from Silver Spring, where I live.

Carry on.


Silver Spring, MD?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up