Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have  (Read 9057 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« on: January 27, 2005, 07:56:41 am »

Is this what it is to be high? I have not been.

Nutmeg! It is so obvious.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 08:36:41 am »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
Is this what it is to be high? I have not been.

Nutmeg! It is so obvious.


Some of my favorite high memories are in the bathroom.

And I don't know about the rest of the pot-heads here, but high has never been like that for me.  That is just way too much activity.

The first two panels are priceless, though.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 08:53:00 am »

Ray responds to weed in a strange but cool way.
Welcome to my favourite strip yet.
Wonderous!
Logged

southworth813

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uglyhill.com
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 12:28:44 pm »

Pardon my ignorance, but why the fuck is Ray driving a box in the eighth panel? At first I thought it was the front of a tractor-trailer, but it appears to be a cube on wheels on closer inspection.

Is this just a random hallucination brought on by the drugs, or do people drive boxes that say "Ed's Pans" on them when they are high?

 :?: This is to indicate that this is a question.
Logged
You, Lynrd Skynrd hat. Me, little kitty...

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 12:43:40 pm »

Woww, this definitely is my new fave.

I don't think that I've ever achieved so much activity whilst being high, but I might if I had Ray's means.  Certainly a lot of those ideas have the same tone of things that I've written down while on some drug or another.  Flipping briefly through an old sketchbook for this sort of insight:
"Malleable metals are the greatest invention of mankind"
"Backward wind is crazy"
"the bottom of an avalanche"
"Slinkies often like to speed down the road"

Yes.  I would say there is some sort of correlation.
Logged
goose means greedy

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 12:56:53 pm »

Chris Onstad is a comic genius, it is so obvious.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 01:28:46 pm »

the small panels: yes, yes i see what he's getting at there.
brilliant. i might read this again, later.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 03:14:41 pm »

Everyone say hi to Andy in Panel One.
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 03:15:36 pm »

I've never gotten that high from smoking pot, but I did have pot butter once that had me getting up out of bed and walking around my place making sure that reality still operated the way I thought it did and thinking "We humans look weird."
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 03:17:32 pm »

I'm gonna quit my job and be a delivery driver for Ed's Pans.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Re: 1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 03:24:10 pm »

Quote from: "miles"

And I don't know about the rest of the pot-heads here, but high has never been like that for me.  That is just way too much activity.

The first two panels are priceless, though.


It has been like that for me.  This is one of my favorite strips ever.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 03:43:11 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Woww, this definitely is my new fave.

I don't think that I've ever achieved so much activity whilst being high, but I might if I had Ray's means.  Certainly a lot of those ideas have the same tone of things that I've written down while on some drug or another.  Flipping briefly through an old sketchbook for this sort of insight:
"Malleable metals are the greatest invention of mankind"
"Backward wind is crazy"
"the bottom of an avalanche"
"Slinkies often like to speed down the road"

Yes.  I would say there is some sort of correlation.


Yes, the random observations and complete lack of focus are definitely a big part of it.  But I just usually sit there.  Especially if I've had a little or a lot to drink, too.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 03:52:41 pm »

This is Ray though. We think we know him, then he proves us all to be fools.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 03:58:21 pm »

Also, it is perfectly acceptible to be a cock to a total stranger.  I mean, you'll probably never see them again.  Who better to be a cock... to?

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 04:03:42 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Also, it is perfectly acceptible to be a cock to a total stranger.  I mean, you'll probably never see them again.  Who better to be a cock... to?
Pat? Is that you?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up