Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have  (Read 9092 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 04:15:32 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Also, it is perfectly acceptible to be a cock to a total stranger.  I mean, you'll probably never see them again.  Who better to be a cock... to?


I think I speak for the entire board when I say that we are astounded, nay SHOCKED to hear this from Jough.  It's so utterly out of character...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2005, 04:15:59 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
Also, it is perfectly acceptible to be a cock to a total stranger.  I mean, you'll probably never see them again.  Who better to be a cock... to?


I think I speak for the entire board when I say that we are astounded, nay SHOCKED to hear this from Jough.  It's so utterly out of character...


NAND gate, I'm telling you.
Logged

Skillator

  • Guest
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2005, 05:23:48 pm »

This is my favorite comic strip EVER!
It is a lot of activity and I don't think he's trying to give the impression that he is actually doing all of those things, but his mind is.
It is all too familiar to anyone who has ever been on that sort of trip and of course like so many others, it ends with him under a table wondering if his mother has witnessed someone dying.

Writing down your stoned thoughts is awesome. I came to the conclusion last time that memory and imagination are the same thing... Give that some thought.
I really really really love this strip. I sure hope Ray gets high at least one more time again.
Logged

Skillator

  • Guest
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2005, 05:25:22 pm »

I just noticed that andy wears flip flops.
Also awesome.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2005, 06:29:17 pm »

Awesome strip. I am reminded of one of my suitemates from freshman year, who used to regularly smoke a lot of pot and would record her observations on sticky notes that she would then festoon around her room to be recovered upon sobriety. The only one of these that I remember is "PEPSI CANS ARE TRYING TO KILL YOU   THEY'RE EVIL   STOP BUYING PEPSI," but I think all of them were of about this caliber.

I love the Ed's Pans truck. It just makes me happy in a very strange way.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2005, 06:33:24 pm »

I'd just like to add / restate that I love the way that Achewood has taken the word "idea" and made it its own.

being in trouble is a fake idea

Also, I don't quite have the same rah-rah attitude re: pot, as a few instances of experimentation determined that I am violently allergic to it, but I think that Roast Beef's first (?) pot experience, in which he wanted to sit under the bathroom sink and read Thrasher, was funnier and more authentic. To me, anyway.
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2005, 06:56:02 pm »

Yes, there are highs, and then there are HIGHS.  

Ray's experience has only been mine after, say, many consecutive weeks of copious amounts of marijuana.  At that point the brain immediately recognizes the beauty of THC and suddenly past highs are linked together into one glorious string of crazy secret jokes.  

Sometimes they are shared with others, sometimes they are not.

It would take me two or three nights to have this much awesome, but Ray Smuckles is no human, and his mind is of a different plane.

Sweet son of Tarzan I love this strip.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2005, 07:45:07 pm »

I've been high like that, all walking around and making random free associations. That's my favorite kind. Hell, I've been drunk like that, too.

I saw Nosferatu driving a bus in Toronto one time, and I had a conversation with a Lorax.

Anyone here tried this legal substance?

Just curious is all. And generally on something like a vision quest.

EDIT by V to fix broken code on the link
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2005, 08:49:36 pm »

I smelled pot once in college.
Logged

Skillator

  • Guest
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2005, 09:06:36 pm »

Okay wow that sounds like something i need to buy. Having no hang-over from it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the link. I'm going to keep doing research on this... can't exactly trust everything the internet gives you but this sounds pretty wicked awesome.

I'm from BC so we get a lot of BC bud. The best bud around. But because I have a career, the hang-over pot gives is a big turn-off. I need to be on-top of my game everyday. This Salvia sounds like a very positive way of going about it and since it's legal I can decorate my apartment with the plant. Hopefully I can get my hands on one.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2005, 11:01:50 pm »

Quote from: "Skillator"
Okay wow that sounds like something i need to buy. Having no hang-over from it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the link. I'm going to keep doing research on this... can't exactly trust everything the internet gives you but this sounds pretty wicked awesome.

I'm from BC so we get a lot of BC bud. The best bud around. But because I have a career, the hang-over pot gives is a big turn-off. I need to be on-top of my game everyday. This Salvia sounds like a very positive way of going about it and since it's legal I can decorate my apartment with the plant. Hopefully I can get my hands on one.


You really get a hangover from pot?  It usually leaves me feeling pretty good, as long as I can sleep through coming down.  But then again, it's been years since I've smoked tons at one time. (Edit:  this is relevant because back then I rarely got hangovers from even drinking.  Now I can't have four beers without a hangover, it seems.)

Has anyone tried the vaporizer pipes?  The ones that heat up not quite to the point of combustion?  I like the idea of it because it seems the greatest threat weed poses is to your lungs.  Besides the threat of a criminal record, which is why I currently don't smoke much.  Only at someone else's place and if I don't have to be in possession of it.  I'm paranoid.

This sounds bad:

"This is important to understand. Salvia is not "fun" in the way that alcohol or Cannabis can be. If you try to party with Salvia you probably will not have a good experience."

And yes, Beef's experience is much more like most of mine.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Howdy Moody

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2005, 11:03:30 pm »

I also lay off entirely during the 30 or 60 days out of the year during which my job performance must be perfect.
I am really enjoying Ray's party.  Maybe I'll throw one of my own!
H.M.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2005, 11:15:33 pm »

Yeah, I've read a lot of trip-reports about salvia and it sounds like it's pretty terrifying if you actually break through (as we say).  I'm whatever the hallucinogen equivalent of a cheap drunk is though, so I probably wouldn't try it.  Mushrooms are more than (sometimes way, way more than) adequate for my universe-leaving needs.

Oh, and vaporizers are pretty ok.  They make a lot of outrageous claims about how much better the high is than other methods, but it's really mostly just that you can hold it in your lungs longer since it's not hot.  So if you've already developed Lungs of Steel, it's not entirely worth the hundred or so dollars they cost (here).
Logged
goose means greedy

Skillator

  • Guest
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2005, 11:28:18 pm »

The hangover I was referring to isn't sickness or anything, it is a strange uncontrollable stupidity. The ability to absorb information is lost completely and forming intelligent sentences is difficult.
I write commercials, so forming intelligent sentences is a must. But I'm always looking for new inspirations perhaps transcending reality would be a good one.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
1-27-05: Those are some pans that I have
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2005, 11:39:22 pm »

Quote from: "Skillator"
I write commercials, so forming intelligent sentences is a must.

Winner 2005 Award for Comment Most Deserving of a Snarky Reply from Jough.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up