I'd love to try mushrooms, and I've heard some really interesting things about DMT (apparently, 60% of people who are on DMT have similar hallucinations). Any thoughts?
I've had what was supposed to be DMT, though I suspect it was in such small doses it was fairly unnoticable (despite the quantities reportedly needed), and it was with mushrooms and weed (pyscho friends in my youth).
Mushrooms can be fun. They are a very natural trip compared to acid, and tend to produce far more hilarity.
Best thing I can say is to be prepared if you do go do it. I spent a while looking into it all before I tripped on anything, and it did me good. I always knew that whatever happened, I was going to be fine, and that I was in control.
I looked into salvia for a while, which seemed really interesting, and it was. It's part of the sage family, and has been used by the Mazatec for centuries, and people reported similar reactions to it - seeing time and thought as some sort of navigable hallucinatory matrix. It is notoriously difficult to get past the threshold with though, and I only managed it once. It was the most powerful trip I ever had though, and it only lasted about ten minutes.
Anyway... I say all that wondering if I'll ever take anything again. I did too many manmade drugs when I was younger and they are most definitely no fun. I do plan to use mushrooms again, but for now, I will continue my rehab, which as Dennis Leary once put it, should be watching TV with a beer and a joint - staying clear of drugs.