Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05  (Read 5200 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« on: January 28, 2005, 08:54:50 am »

Full points for the "many tiny panels" format and also for the consolation gift. Ray is really a much nicer guy when he's just totally stoned off his ass.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 11:19:47 am »

C'mon, Ray always tries to be nice. I think i'm to go find me a piece of driftwood myself.
That is an awesome present.
Logged

southworth813

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uglyhill.com
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 12:37:34 pm »

Quote
"Of course Teodor doesn't like sports. He listens to the Cure."


This statement is more lucid than any stoned cartoon cat has the right to make.

I like how Ray calls Teodor on his cell phone, when he's clearly only in the next room.

I don't like when real people do that, however.
Logged
You, Lynrd Skynrd hat. Me, little kitty...

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 01:00:46 pm »

I regularly listen to "Disintegration" whilst on the rowing machine.
That is all.
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 01:29:35 pm »

I can't imagine Robert Smith having a soccer ball bouncing off his head.  It would get all snarled like a blowgiraffe fighting a sea anemone.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 02:14:59 pm »

I'd like to know what Ray would've said if Teodor did like soccer
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 02:20:44 pm »

Coming Soon to the Achewood Shop: limited-edition pieces of driftwood with "The Cure" scrawled on them.

I would buy one because it would remind about eternity.

Is it possible Ray was smoking catnip rather than weed?  I've seen some cats get straight-up funky on the mean green kitty herb.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 02:36:33 pm »

Ray's intoxicated stream of consciousness reminds me of a drinking story that I must relate here.

We were toasting at a party, shot after shot after shot, and soon, we had run out of things to toast.

Host: What shall we toast to next:
Me: We should toast someone... who's can defeat ... who's more badass than HITLER!
Max, this English Guy: I know! MACGYVER!

We all pause momentarily.

All twenty people in the kitchen: ROAR! TO MACGYVER!
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 02:56:13 pm »

Woah, does that mean you toasted Hitler?
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 03:54:05 pm »

Quote from: "cellardoor"
Woah, does that mean you toasted Hitler?


No, we toasted Macgyver because he was so badass he could defeat Hitler. Single-handedly.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 04:07:25 pm »

With a potato and a rusted paperclip.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2005, 04:12:07 pm »

Mad props to a man who can make a bomb out of a stick of chewing gum and a toilet paper tube.

I like the "the cat is high and there are tiny panels many of which are repeated" thing, but if this continues until monday the tombstone for this joke's plot will be on me.

V-Adore

  • Guest
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 05:03:38 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Ray's intoxicated stream of consciousness reminds me of a drinking story that I must relate here.

We were toasting at a party, shot after shot after shot, and soon, we had run out of things to toast.

Host: What shall we toast to next:
Me: We should toast someone... who's can defeat ... who's more badass than HITLER!
Max, this English Guy: I know! MACGYVER!

We all pause momentarily.

All twenty people in the kitchen: ROAR! TO MACGYVER!

This reminds me very much of a seriously inebriated New Year's Eve party I attended where every pronouncement (most of which were toasts) was punctuated with "... and STEVE MCQUEEN!", always yelled. I guess Steve was the most badass guy that my drunken friends could think of at the moment.

(Other highlights of the party: a friend attempting to get drunk fo the first time and complaining that he'd had six Jello shots, why wasn't he feeling any different?! Never mind that the six Jello shots were spaced out over four hours or so of snacking...)
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2005, 05:26:38 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Ray's intoxicated stream of consciousness reminds me of a drinking story that I must relate here.

We were toasting at a party, shot after shot after shot, and soon, we had run out of things to toast.

Host: What shall we toast to next:
Me: We should toast someone... who's can defeat ... who's more badass than HITLER!
Max, this English Guy: I know! MACGYVER!

We all pause momentarily.

All twenty people in the kitchen: ROAR! TO MACGYVER!

This reminds me very much of a seriously inebriated New Year's Eve party I attended where every pronouncement (most of which were toasts) was punctuated with "... and STEVE MCQUEEN!", always yelled. I guess Steve was the most badass guy that my drunken friends could think of at the moment.

(Other highlights of the party: a friend attempting to get drunk fo the first time and complaining that he'd had six Jello shots, why wasn't he feeling any different?! Never mind that the six Jello shots were spaced out over four hours or so of snacking...)


I wonder how Richard Dean Anderson would have fared in The Great Escape.

I am currently on a mission to find out who owns the rights to MacGyver. I want to propose to the suits the concept of a MacGyver remake, maybe in the vein of the Shaft remake, starring Alton Brown. Alton Brown as the next generation MacGyver is only the coolest thing on earth.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
The driftwood will remind him about eternity -- 28 Jan '05
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2005, 05:33:25 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
This reminds me very much of a seriously inebriated New Year's Eve party I attended where every pronouncement (most of which were toasts) was punctuated with "... and STEVE MCQUEEN!", always yelled. I guess Steve was the most badass guy that my drunken friends could think of at the moment.


Steve McQueen is definitely one of the most badass guys of all time.  I'd have his babies any day.  Except that he's dead.  And I'm male.  And not gay.

I also like the tiny little panels, just hope it's not a change in format.

And I'll have everyone know I listen to the Cure and like sports.  I know, it's silly.

Teodor is definitely pissed off in the second panel of the second row.  Or at least annoyed.  Notice how swiftly he turns around.

Also, it just occurred to me how silly it is to assume someone--an American, actually--doesn't like sports just because he doesn't like soccer.  Even though it is the second greatest sport in the world, it seems that most Americans don't realize this once they get past the age of 11.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up