Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 February 2005 -- entering enemy mode... 96%  (Read 5691 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
2 February 2005 -- entering enemy mode... 96%
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2005, 07:05:36 pm »

Well, shit.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Skillator

  • Guest
2 February 2005 -- entering enemy mode... 96%
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2005, 07:32:31 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Hey, you know what's funny?
Foreign people.

Yeah... I didn't dig this.


I really feel similar about Ultra Peanut. Vlad too. I mean it gives them a definite character, someone who you can hear in your head, but it doesn't push the laugh button for me.
I like when they are not around.
I do like Click -bot's perfect english of Screw you man though. Didn't he have similar language problems? The fact that someone would program that function is great.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
2 February 2005 -- entering enemy mode... 96%
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2005, 08:35:14 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
(Also, has Ultra Peanut ever gotten a clear country of origin? I realize that "FeeReep" clearly implies Japan, but it still seems a bit ambiguous.)


Maybe this is what Onstad is poking fun at, and why he leaves it a bit ambiguous.  Not that Asian people speak English funny (though I know that American English speakers get made fun of when speaking other languages--and I'm cool with that!), but that the stereotypes themselves are ridiculous.  Like when Krusty did his Chinese Man impression.  That itself wasn't hilarious (except to Bart), the fact that he did something so impolitic was.

But maybe that's expecting too much sophistication from a man who creates stuff like this.

Wieners and boners, people.  Wieners and boners.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
2 February 2005 -- entering enemy mode... 96%
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2005, 09:05:37 pm »

We've established through another thread that UltraPeanut is actually Chinese.

I don't know if the alt-text of her first appearance is the same as it was when first posted, or if Onstad only changed it recently.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up