Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2/11/05 Nonsense  (Read 7587 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« on: February 11, 2005, 12:16:33 pm »

Beef and Molly are having an intimate discussion and clueless Ray can't figure out that they want to be left alone.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

filas

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 12:39:17 pm »

ray is really pushing the urinating idea.  or maybe he's addicted to yellin "nonsense!"  or maybe since he was sorta right (but not really) on the first two "nonsense!"ses' and he got on a "nonsense!" roll but crapped out on the third roll.
i mean there's three of them and they're all followed by exclamation points.  
pee-pee
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 12:42:46 pm »

That last panel is a killer. Neat!
I think Ray was trying to be funny but ended up being rude.
That crushed face in the last panel is one i'm all too familiar with.
Logged

char *

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 12:43:15 pm »

let me make my first "this thread should have been called" comment.

ahem.

this thread should have been called "you guys are probably going to need to urinate soon" or "look if you needed to urinate you could have said so".

thank you.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 01:00:07 pm »

Quote from: "char *"
this thread should have been called "you guys are probably going to need to urinate soon" or "look if you needed to urinate you could have said so".


Nonsense!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 02:23:26 pm »

He's just concerned about the health of their bladders, is all.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 02:23:46 pm »

I'll bet Molly really does have to urinate, but is holding it in out of anger.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 02:32:25 pm »

It's a Nonsense Friday!

Nonsense TOUAMB! Nonsense to you alll!
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 02:50:46 pm »

I find the first panel of this comic achingly beautiful. I would pay more money than I actually have to buy it if it were an oil painting being auctioned on eBay. But I shan't buy a signed version of the comic, for alas, the speech bubble irreparably mars the sublime first panel.

Alas.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 03:02:32 pm »

I'm actually most fond of Beef's WTF look in panel 6.  Dude!  Need to urinate?  WTF!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2005, 03:16:38 pm »

Quote from: "Emergent_C"
I find the first panel of this comic achingly beautiful. I would pay more money than I actually have to buy it if it were an oil painting being auctioned on eBay. But I shan't buy a signed version of the comic, for alas, the speech bubble irreparably mars the sublime first panel.


Maybe he can work something out for you.

I agree, and I think most of the strips that take place at night are really pretty.  Onstad's especially good at that.

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I'm actually most fond of Beef's WTF look in panel 6.  Dude!  Need to urinate?  WTF!


I noticed this on the second read through.  It's perfect.

Oh yeah, and seconded on the last panel.  Look how crestfallen he is.  Poor guy.  Sure, he's being a bit insensitive, but basically, Ray's a cool dude.  He's concerned about them, and trying to diffuse the situation with a bit of humor.  Ray, go get your damned cookbook.

Myself, I never cease to be amazed by Ray's ride.  I've never had a desire to own one, but I would like to ride in his.  If I could actually fit.

And Teodor's feeling all awkward right now.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 03:23:01 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
And Teodor's feeling all awkward right now.

You'd think that by now Teodor would realize that spending time with Ray will always lead to awkward feeling but every time it seems to surprise him.
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 03:51:03 pm »

jesus christ, best strip in like at least two weeks.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 04:02:52 pm »

Quote from: "Max"
jesus christ, best strip in like at least two weeks.


Can't you see? It's the CHICKEN RECIPE all steganographic style. You have to use numerology and read between the lines. Put together stuff from the past few strips.

The CHICKEN RECIPE consists of DIET ROOT BEER, URINE, 2000 FLUSHES AND LOVE.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 04:10:46 pm »

Chicken Recipe Tomorrow = Onstad is tired of writing alt text

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up