Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2/11/05 Nonsense  (Read 7600 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2005, 04:32:38 pm »

Man, I'll totally start writing alt-text for him, because it's more socially acceptable than, you know. The Blow Job Proposition.

Also, i cannot BELIEVE nobody has mentioned the second to last panel. Look at them!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2005, 05:11:30 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Okay, so now I get to hang out this weekend wondering what the hell Beef and Molly were getting onto. "Come on. We can finish this there" indeed.


It seems pretty obvious they were "getting into" a very serious argument.  They can finish the argument, and possibly their relationship, back at Ray's.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005, 05:17:36 pm »

I have known women who have refused at times to admit to having to urinate out of spite, like it would somehow be a sign of weakness to have to pee in the middle of an argument.  You pee, I win, or something.

THIS STRIP IS FUNNY BECAUSE IT IS MADE OF THE PABULUM OF HUMAN LIFE

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2005, 05:18:57 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I have known women who have refused at times to admit to having to urinate out of spite, like it would somehow be a sign of weakness to have to pee in the middle of an argument.  You pee, I win, or something.

THIS STRIP IS FUNNY BECAUSE IT IS MADE OF THE PABULUM OF HUMAN LIFE[/quote

Pabulum is an inherently funny word, like hominy, quixotic or spew.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2005, 05:33:32 pm »

I'm sorry to derail this discussion temporarily, but I must. I must.

Bobby, is the woman in your avatar/signature angry or orgasmic? Is she about to spew because of the man's quixotic quest to quell her carnal lusts?

Hominy.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2005, 05:38:59 pm »

Quote from: "Emergent_C"
I'm sorry to derail this discussion temporarily, but I must. I must.

Bobby, is the woman in your avatar/signature angry or orgasmic? Is she about to spew because of the man's quixotic quest to quell her carnal lusts?

Hominy.


Please refer to this thread. Basically, she is hella yellin' about the sex..

I also find the word 'couscous' to be funny, as well as 'tweed', 'ambulatory' and 'yeast'.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2005, 05:45:13 pm »

The second-to-last panel is kind of fantastic. It's a very nice mood shift -- suddenly they've been distracted from their anger at each other to instead be incandescently, suddenly angry at Ray for being a tard.

Also, I love the second and third panels in the middle row, just for the illusion of Beef leaning against the wall of the panel.

A+++ WOULD READ WEBCOMIC AGAIN
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2005, 05:48:13 pm »

I really liked the glowering in the second to last panel. And the change of Ray's expression in his last two nonconsecutive panels is great.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2005, 05:49:13 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
I really liked the glowering in the second to last panel. And the change of Ray's expression in his last two nonconsecutive panels is great.


I shall endeavour to say "Nonsense!" (and perhaps, "Pish-posh!") more often.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2005, 05:51:33 pm »

Perhaps the ambulatory Beef and Molly's argument centered on the yeast-infested couscous Beef fed her on their last date, not to mention the tweed he insisted on wearing to bed.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2005, 05:53:46 pm »

Quote from: "Emergent_C"
Perhaps the ambulatory Beef and Molly's argument centered on the yeast-infested couscous Beef fed her on their last date, not to mention the tweed he insisted on wearing to bed.


And yet, betwixt them, sauntered Raymond, his motorcoach glistening while he ejaculated aphorisms.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2005, 06:01:35 pm »

This thread has become entirely to prolix for me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2005, 06:04:26 pm »

You know what this thread needs?

Perambulators.

This is all.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2005, 06:25:14 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
I'm sorry to derail this discussion temporarily, but I must. I must.

Bobby, is the woman in your avatar/signature angry or orgasmic? Is she about to spew because of the man's quixotic quest to quell her carnal lusts?


Please refer to this thread. Basically, she is hella yellin' about the sex..


That's some nice CJin' there, Lou.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
2/11/05 Nonsense
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2005, 07:58:41 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Okay, so now I get to hang out this weekend wondering what the hell Beef and Molly were getting onto. "Come on. We can finish this there" indeed.

URINATING NONSENSE!

ALSO: This is a fun story arc, ignore my sniveling.

ALSO ALSO: I doubt I'll actually think about this during the weekend.  That was fake hyperbole up there.

Simply being a member here means you'll probably think about the 'wood during the weekend. So trying to be "cool" and cover it up is just sad.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up