Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bloggening - end of Februaryish  (Read 11568 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2005, 04:00:21 am »

Little Nephew, boy geeeenius.

Not.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2005, 06:11:30 am »

Quote from: "Beatrice"
Perhaps Pat is Onstad's evil alter-ego.  Or maybe just mine.  He says all the things I could only dream of having the cohones to announce.  Sometimes I think Onstad just takes his own observations to that borderline level and then gives them to Pat for a fast ride to the outrageous quadrant.


Basically, all the characters are representations of Onstad's three major personality traits on a tri-axis represenation. using trinary representation we come up with (values here are 0,1,2 for none, some, and lots respectively):

for axes niceness, obnoxiousness, destructiveness

blister:     0,0,0   # barely a presence
charley:     0,2,1   # obnoxious, but only mildly harmful
cornelius:   2,0,0   # a good guy with poise and courtesy
molly:       0,1,0   # bit of a bitch, whines a lot but doesn't break shit
pat:         0,2,0   # total ass, but won't break the law, just is obnoxious
pete:        1,0,2   # nice enough, but will kill you
phillipe:    2,0,1   # very nice, but often causes mild hijinks on the order of spilling things
ray:         1,1,1   # a little obnoxious and troublesome but well meaning, kind of the litmus we vary against
roast beef:  1,0,0   # a nice guy, not perfect, but too chickenshit to cause trouble with his pent up anger
teodor:      1,0,1   # a nice guy, but a little more adventuresome (i.e. will cavort with porn stars)
todd:        0,2,2   # totally unlikeable, obnoxious and troublesome
--------------------
total:       8,8,8


THE TOTAL IS ALWAYS EIGHT IN EACH COLUMN

If you added a 'success' column it too would add to eight.

and no, Molly isn't nice, she's a bitch.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2005, 06:28:52 am »

Mad Mr. Isosceles applies the science.

Clearly this thread is now about EDUCATION.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2005, 07:24:30 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
and no, Molly isn't nice, she's a bitch.


Perhaps this was completely fuck*ng cowardly of me, but I was waiting for someone else to make this seemingly extremely unpopular observation so I could, basically, read it and then chuck in a "me-too" almost exactly like the paragraph you're reading now. "Bronco", Molly? Could we be any more of a precious, self-consciously indie chick as to pick some random word with vaguely kitschy / sincere resonance to begin your dumb fuck*ng blog entry? So right on, sir:

 # IN THE MIDDLE OF BURRITOS
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2005, 09:43:37 am »

So we've turned on Molly eh?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2005, 01:35:37 pm »

Holy #####in' robots. I can't believe I wrote that last night. I blame lack of sleep and a beef stupor. I think the end result was to somehow prove that if you were to do a bitwise OR of all the personality traits of all the characters it would somehow end up as Onstad. Then I got obsessed with the number eight because I was imagining,somehow, a hypercube of Achewood.

Don't blame me, I went to an awesome pit BBQ in Maryland as is tradition for my circle of friends and was in a beef-induced dementia for the rest of the day.


This is how we know Hinduism is wrong, people.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2005, 03:07:50 pm »

Chapter 14 of Nice Pete's novel claims it was posted on Christmas Eve last year, but today is the first time I've seen it.  

Say what you will about Nice Pete, he does get one thing right:

Acid is an extremely unpredictable drug.
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2005, 03:34:55 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Don't blame me, I went to an awesome pit BBQ in Maryland as is tradition for my circle of friends and was in a beef-induced dementia for the rest of the day.


This is how we know Hinduism is wrong, people.


...I thought the Hindu make it a point not to eat beef?  It seems Hinduism could have saved you.

Here comes the science.

P.S. Yeah Molly is a bitch people let's just accept it.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2005, 03:44:23 pm »

Quote from: "Max"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Don't blame me, I went to an awesome pit BBQ in Maryland as is tradition for my circle of friends and was in a beef-induced dementia for the rest of the day.


This is how we know Hinduism is wrong, people.


...I thought the Hindu make it a point not to eat beef?  It seems Hinduism could have saved you.


If eating beef is wrong then I DON'T WANNA BE RIGHT.

And if you're from Annapolis then you should know that two, rare, bloody pit beefs from the Canopy with everything on it is nothing short of AWESOME.
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2005, 04:01:00 pm »

No idea what you mean, but I've only lived here like 5 months, and I don't have a car or anything so I guess it's not surprising.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2005, 04:06:17 pm »

Quote from: "Molly"
There's also an emergency switch for if a brawl is brewing, which immediately switches the jukebox to "Free Bird." Apparently the opening refrain helps grease monkeys and rednecks recognize each other's inherent humanity, or something like that.


BRILLIANT!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2005, 04:06:59 pm »

Quote from: "Max"
No idea what you mean, but I've only lived here like 5 months, and I don't have a car or anything so I guess it's not surprising.


That's it. There will be a Spring Achewood Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area "Roast Beef and Roast Beef" meetup next month. Please let me know your availability, peoples.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2005, 05:20:50 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Molly"
There's also an emergency switch for if a brawl is brewing, which immediately switches the jukebox to "Free Bird." Apparently the opening refrain helps grease monkeys and rednecks recognize each other's inherent humanity, or something like that.

BRILLIANT!

I've never actually heard Freebird. Not even part of it. </sad admission>
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2005, 05:22:15 pm »

I only want to get together with attractive people.  Sorry!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The Bloggening - end of Februaryish
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2005, 05:30:01 pm »

Quote from: "Max"
I only want to get together with attractive people.  Sorry!


Tough shit. You have to deal with carlosdelvaca JUST LIKE THE REST OF US.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up