Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh your God  (Read 4898 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: Oh your God
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 08:21:33 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
It's just that I had a JW roomate for a semester, and he was always telling me about stuff.


I really like the idea of you laying in bed, asleep, and your roomate walks over, nudges you awake and goes, "Hey, did you know that Jehovah's Witnesses don't use the cross in worship? WELL WE DON'T!"
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Oh your God
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 06:33:51 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "miles"

Hate to be nitpicky, well, no I don't, but Jehovah's Witnesses don't even use the cross in worship.


I didn't say they did.  I was just saying that this, to me, seems like if JW's were to walk past your window every few days holding leaflets up.


Fair enough.  I wasn't trying to correct, it's just that it's been on my mind lately, because I've been wondering what happened to my roomate.

Quote from: "bozack"
I really like the idea of you laying in bed, asleep, and your roomate walks over, nudges you awake and goes, "Hey, did you know that Jehovah's Witnesses don't use the cross in worship? WELL WE DON'T!"


That is basically how it was.  The kid was fuck*ng nuts.  I'm not saying that because I don't like the religion, he just had serious problems, along with another roomate.  Constant suicide threats and one or two attempts.  It was actually really sad and scary.  Nice kid though, and still wonder what happened to him.

Once, we had a party for a roomate's birthday, and Mark disappeared silently into his bedroom.  I went to find out what was wrong because the roomate who threw it was offended (he was also nuts) and Mark said he didn't feel right being out there while we were celebrating a birthday.  So I offered to bring him a piece of cake or a drink or something, and, after thinking it over for a few moments, he cautiously accepted the offer.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Oh your God
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2005, 08:14:37 am »

There's now a "worst roomate" stories thing up in Wild Card, because I'm curious, dammit.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Oh your God
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2005, 02:25:29 pm »

I had a JW friend in high school, she always seemed a little disapointed that she wasn't allowed to come to birthday parties, and stuff.  And the really sad thing was that she was all psyched to go to grad, and even bought a pretty nice dress, but then on the day of grad, she just didn't show up, and I never saw her again.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Oh your God
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 03:24:43 pm »

Quote from: "miles"

Fair enough.  I wasn't trying to correct, it's just that it's been on my mind lately, because I've been wondering what happened to my roomate.


Sorry. Didn't mean to sound like a dick. I hadn't sleapt in about 36 hours... Ugh.
And it has to be said, I didn't know that fact. I knew two JWs when I was in high school, who got on our bus, but they were both just really quiet. One of them did come round to our house once, but got the idea...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up