Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 3/7/05: This one, prick?  (Read 5568 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

toddster

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
3/7/05: This one, prick?
« on: March 07, 2005, 11:16:18 am »

So much good stuff here: Lyle's non sequitur cameo, Ray's "Can anyone hear me?" even though for all he knows, it's just him and Dr. Andretti talking... but I think my favorite bit is Beef in Panel 8.

Just look at that facial expression. You just know he's thinking "okay fine i'll sit here and listen because the alternative is getting up and walking away and if i just sit here and listen at least i don't have to hear pat talk but if i get up and walk away then god knows he's gonna go off again and maybe i might get shot".

Or is it just me?
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
3/7/05: This one, prick?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 11:31:01 am »

I agree.
Also agree with the choice of title.
Pat, I love to hate you. How can anyone call Teodor a prick?!
I foresee an exorcism.
Achewood character's dressed like clergy!
Whooo!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
3/7/05: This one, prick?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 12:53:08 pm »

Quote from: "cellardoor"
I Also agree with the choice of title.

Clearly the title should have been 'Mayhem.'

This payoff for this cliffhanger was definitely worth the wait.

My current favorite part is Dr. Andretti thinking Ray is simply agreeing with his suggestion to take a pepto bismol by shouting AAAIIIGHT!!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
3/7/05: This one, prick?
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 01:57:06 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
My current favorite part is Dr. Andretti thinking Ray is simply agreeing with his suggestion to take a pepto bismol by shouting AAAIIIGHT!!


That bit stood out for me too. I had a strange feel that this strip didn't all gel quite. So much is happening in it, but looking at for the third time, it works. It's just, and I noticed due to reading more of the Calvin and Hobbes that Watterson comments on (the Sunday Pages book), that it takes looking back on it having got it. It's not a simple one off gag, it's more complex than that.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
3/7/05: This one, prick?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 02:06:33 pm »

Um, Paul Prudhomme sex tape?  Ewww.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
3/7/05: This one, prick?
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 02:24:14 pm »

So was Pat clearing his throat to make sure all the attention was on him, or was he just trying to focus or what?

Lyle gives terrible hints.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 3/7/05: This one, prick?
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 02:45:47 pm »

Quote from: "toddster"
... but I think my favorite bit is Beef in Panel 8.


Dude looks constipated.

At first I thought Teodor had a baby monitor in his pocket.  You know, maye Ray's in Philippe's room or something, and for some reason Philippe has to be monitored.

Oh, and I guess Battle of Chickamauga, because it was one of the deadliest battles (the second) and the South won.  Pat, being a dick, would choose a very deadly battle, and definitely supports the South, but not in the name of racism, but because of the holy principle of States' Rights.  I know people like that.  They say things like "I would have supported the South, but not in the name of racism but in the holy principle of States' Rights" and they are total dicks about it.  Like you know they are just saying it to shock you.

Or maybe Chancellorsville.  Spotsylvania (because of the three it was the deadliest for the North)?  (Yes, I'm looking at a site with the top ten costliest Civil War battles.)

Federalism, bitches!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
3/7/05: This one, prick?
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 03:48:34 pm »

I think I would have to choose Pat's banjo homage to a deadly civil war battle over the prospect of a Paul Prudhomme sex tape. I definitely second the ewwwww!
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
3/7/05: This one, prick?
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 05:43:40 pm »

Quote from: "Emergent_C"
I think I would have to choose Pat's banjo homage to a deadly civil war battle over the prospect of a Paul Prudhomme sex tape. I definitely second the ewwwww!


Nah, you have to watch the Paul Prudhomme sex tape; it compels your attention, like a train wreck. Come to think of it, it's exactly like a train wreck.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
3/7/05: This one, prick?
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 05:53:20 pm »

Quote from: "sensate"
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
I think I would have to choose Pat's banjo homage to a deadly civil war battle over the prospect of a Paul Prudhomme sex tape. I definitely second the ewwwww!


Nah, you have to watch the Paul Prudhomme sex tape; it compels your attention, like a train wreck. Come to think of it, it's exactly like a train wreck.


PAUL PRUDHOMME IN

TURFUCKEN'

a man inside a woman inside a man inside a DUCK
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
3/7/05: This one, prick?
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 06:49:03 pm »

God, did anyone catch the Fred Durst sex tape? Jesus wept.

Also, Carlos Congruent is amazing. Keep on truckin', you crazy triangle man.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
3/7/05: This one, prick?
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 06:51:53 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
God, did anyone catch the Fred Durst sex tape? Jesus wept.

Also, Carlos Congruent is amazing. Keep on truckin', you crazy triangle man.


Carlos Congruent. Brilliant.


Peace Be Upon You, Speed Spurter.
Logged

BatzRadio

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 39
  • Check the record, check the guy's rock record.
    • View Profile
    • http://batzradio.livejournal.com
3/7/05: This one, prick?
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2005, 06:52:52 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
PAUL PRUDHOMME IN

TURFUCKEN'

a man inside a woman inside a man inside a DUCK


Take away the woman and you have a complete Jerkcity strip.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
3/7/05: This one, prick?
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005, 06:57:40 pm »

Quote from: "BatzRadio"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
PAUL PRUDHOMME IN

TURFUCKEN'

a man inside a woman inside a man inside a DUCK


Take away the woman and you have a complete Jerkcity strip.


spigot, pants, and deuce in:
"TOMORROW: CHICKEN"

spigot: T ##### WE RETURN WEDNESDAY
#####: WITH COCK I HOPE
spigot: THERE WILL BE A CLIFFHANGER
deuce: IF BY CLIFFHANGER YOU MEAN FACE RAPING HUAGLAGLAGALAGLAG
#####: TOMORROW: CHICKEN
spigot: COCKS
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
3/7/05: This one, prick?
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 07:57:28 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
God, did anyone catch the Fred Durst sex tape? Jesus wept.

It can't possibly be worse than seeing his band.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up