Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage  (Read 7983 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

toddster

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« on: March 11, 2005, 10:26:54 am »

A small part of me wants Pat to protest initially, then grudgingly give in to Ray's demands, then... how shall we put this? ...be rather more effusive in his compliments than Ray (and we, the gentle readers) may have been ready for.

And plus, I have been wanting to drink beer too.
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 10:33:09 am »

This is fast, nasty, ache-style karma for the pretty please welsh. And I know this has pretty much been posted for the last three days but: I dislike Pat more than ever.
Logged
I am older now.

toddster

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 10:35:42 am »

Yeah, and something else I just noticed on re-reading: I bet Pat pronounces 'damned' with two syllables. All the more reason to not like him.

Also, evidently Pat has had his cell phone on his person through this whole ordeal, yet has not called anyone for help. I'm guessing the only person he would consider actually calling would be Nice Pete, and I'm guessing he doesn't have a cell phone.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 11:05:11 am »

...and CLIFFHANGER!

What will Pat decide?

I just cannot see him saying something good..... hm....
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

char *

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 11:05:44 am »

the lead-up to the last three panels is sublime. this is well executed. and hilarious.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 11:46:47 am »

This has got to be the most satsifying Achewood story-arch ever made. I hope Liittle Nephew overhears Pat sing the praises of Ray's dick.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 12:50:05 pm »

Ironic reversal of the week: after Pat's "pretty please" welsh, Ray actually seems pretty sincere about the whole thing. Seriously, he's cool with helping Pat; he just wants Pat to say something good about his dick.

Also, "lifeline of my heritage": relatively classy euphemism for Ray's progenitive organ, or off-handed reference to Ray being culturally Jewish, which would be news to me? Discuss.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 12:58:27 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Discuss.


I too loved the run up to the last panel.
"And plus I have been wanting to dirnk beer" is a great line, although comes a second to the finale.

Circumsised felines? Is that even...
I DON'T WANT TO KNOW! CJ, PUT DOWN THE GOOGLE URL!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 01:10:10 pm »

Ray's internal dialogue is why i'm here!
Love it!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 01:20:43 pm »

Quote from: "slink"

Circumsised felines? Is that even...
I DON'T WANT TO KNOW! CJ, PUT DOWN THE GOOGLE URL!

Getting away from the possible mechanics of the situation, I find it kind of funny that now the focus is on circumcision and not on neutering, which you'd think would be more detrimental to loss of sexual sensation (although I've heard it's not in humans, so nobody link me to the Rotten Library). Is this just a sign of the strip's universe slowly diverging from one where cats are owned by people?
Logged

southworth813

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uglyhill.com
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 01:42:27 pm »

First of all, how can this thread NOT be titled, "Come on man, say good stuff about my dick". That seems like a crime against humanity or something.

Also, I have been called "Turtleneck Tom" in many a public shower in my day, and it hurts.

It hurts bad.  (tearful purple smile guy... NOW):cry:
Logged
You, Lynrd Skynrd hat. Me, little kitty...

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 02:36:17 pm »

The best part is the panel of silence where Pat is apparently choking on his own rage an unable to even reply.

Also that Ray wasn't wanting to drink a beer.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 02:42:01 pm »

Is Ray perhaps...a Jewish American Curl?

If so, my unfortunate crush on him has just increased by an order of magnitude.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 02:55:21 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
This has got to be the most satsifying Achewood story-arch ever made. I hope Liittle Nephew overhears Pat sing the praises of Ray's dick.


Uncle Ray likes tha peen


I wonder if a cat circumcision gets rid of the barbs...
Logged

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 02:56:22 pm »

I doubt Ray's Jewish, he's not conservative enough.  LN could be Jewish, or certainly Beef, but not Ray.  Although maybe he should convert... he'd look tite in a keepah and talis.

P.S. Ray's eyebrows have been righteous of late.
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up