Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage  (Read 7966 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2005, 03:05:32 pm »

This goes to show that while you may have differing opinions on circumsision...don't insult a man's actual, personal hose.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2005, 03:07:12 pm »

This is funny, laugh out loud funny.  I Laughed out loud at this strip.  I agree with mantonio, Achewood has gotten into a zone of funny that is unmatched in it's history.  Going back before the 2000 flushes party to Fuck You Friday.  The strip has killed almost every day since then.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2005, 03:11:20 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
This has got to be the most satsifying Achewood story-arch ever made. I hope Liittle Nephew overhears Pat sing the praises of Ray's dick.


You know, I find it rather amazing that we haven't seen any run-ins between LN and Pat thus far. There's so much potential there.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2005, 03:33:34 pm »

Quote from: "arlucasinc"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
This has got to be the most satsifying Achewood story-arch ever made. I hope Liittle Nephew overhears Pat sing the praises of Ray's dick.


You know, I find it rather amazing that we haven't seen any run-ins between LN and Pat thus far. There's so much potential there.


I think that there is also potential with LN and Mr. Bear.  But LN, while fun at first, is pretty obnoxious to have around.  So maybe that's why we don't see much of him.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2005, 04:03:32 pm »

"my actual, personal hose"
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2005, 04:05:27 pm »

Do you guys realize that there has been a new Achewood every weekday for the past two weeks? Is that a record? I bet it's because Onstad is really into this storyline. I think it shows, anyways.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2005, 04:06:28 pm »

I would have voted for "my actual, personal hose" for the title.

I agree with everyone else that this is grand - easily one of the funniest strips in recent history.

On the other hand, Ray is one of Those People. No, I don't mean circumsized, I mean one of those people that holds the cell phone away from his face as he talks into it. I hate that. Damn you Ray. Someone pluck one of them banjo strings for me.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2005, 04:21:38 pm »

Quote from: "antioch"
This is fast, nasty, ache-style karma for the pretty please welsh. And I know this has pretty much been posted for the last three days but: I dislike Pat more than ever.


This is a sign of a good buildup (Pat is a dick) to a wonderful resolution (Pat gets his comeuppance). Porkpie hat Pat wouldn't have done it, nor, frankly, would Subway War Pat. I must add that the blogs have helped to buld up the hatred of this character, so it's truly multimedia. The strip alone couldn't have done it.

So, with that stated, we must now ask:

"Well, Pat..."

Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2005, 04:46:41 pm »

My brother reckons we need a t shirt of the last panel. I am inclined to agree but I'm not sure I have the balls to wear one! Then again, if I want so badly a Jesus Loves Dick tee...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2005, 05:01:58 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Do you guys realize that there has been a new Achewood every weekday for the past two weeks? Is that a record? I bet it's because Onstad is really into this storyline. I think it shows, anyways.

You fool! Now you've gone and jinxed it.

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
On the other hand, Ray is one of Those People. No, I don't mean circumsized, I mean one of those people that holds the cell phone away from his face as he talks into it. I hate that. Damn you Ray.

Agreed. Why do you have a device designed to be held right up to your ear, then hold it two feet away so you have to yell into it and the crank the volume so people 12 yards away can hear the earpiece? This is right up there with people who constantly use speakerphone. Especially at work.
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2005, 06:10:14 pm »

i thought it was some kind of weird walkie talkie phone-thing
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2005, 06:29:07 pm »

We return Thursday.

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2005, 06:37:14 pm »

going through the strip i picked out like at least five lines that could make great titles.  so don't rag on the thread starter; that is what pieces of shit do.

As for jewishness: as a jewish person myself i feel i might bring my expertise to bare (bear? hm..) on ray's last name, 'smuckles', which is definitely NOT jewish.  'kazenzakis', on the other hand...that has potential.  at the very least it's polish, which gives you like a 60% chance.  also, nice pete has the facial hair.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2005, 06:51:04 pm »

Quote from: "Max"
'kazenzakis', on the other hand...that has potential.  at the very least it's polish, which gives you like a 60% chance.  also, nice pete has the facial hair.


"Kazenzakis" sounds more Greek than Polish to me.  Now if it was Kazenzaski...

And Nice Pete is from West Virginia.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2005, 07:09:19 pm »

We already know Beef's last name is Greek, don't we?  Where's CJ?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up