Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rushmore Barbershop  (Read 2646 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rushmore Barbershop
« on: March 20, 2005, 05:07:38 am »

I just found out today that the barbershop I have been getting my hair cut at for the past year is the same barbershop in the movie Rushmore.  I thought that was pretty cool.



Here i'm sat in the very chair where Bill Murray once sat.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Rushmore Barbershop
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 06:39:10 am »

Not to mention where Jason Schwartzman (a Copolla, and drummer for Phantom Planet) swept up, and Seymour Cassel trimmed DA's*. Awesome chair, my friend. Awesome chair.


*Duck's Ass (Ducks' Asses), not District Attorneys. A haircut, common in the '50s, repopularized by the Fonz and the movie version of Grease, and natural on my head, also called the "ducktail." Awesome chair.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Rushmore Barbershop
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 06:42:30 am »

Did I mention that your barber looks a lot like a heavier James Woods, and that I may be imagining it, but I think I recognize that Rice banner?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Rushmore Barbershop
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 09:37:03 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Did I mention that your barber looks a lot like a heavier James Woods, and that I may be imagining it, but I think I recognize that Rice banner?


I had just been thinking that. Must watch Rushmore again at some point too.

Good chair...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Rushmore Barbershop
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 07:07:28 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
*Duck's Ass (Ducks' Asses), not District Attorneys. A haircut, common in the '50s, repopularized by the Fonz and the movie version of Grease, and natural on my head, also called the "ducktail." Awesome chair.


I've heard the term Duck Butt used to refer to a female style of hair that was, or is, or whatever, popular.  It's short with the back spiked to stick out, looking kind of like, well, a duck's butt.  My cousin said it was a haircut common among emo girls, and also said that he and his friends called sex with such a girl a Duck Butt Fuck.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Rushmore Barbershop
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 05:05:25 am »

Quote from: "miles"
I've heard the term Duck Butt used to refer to a female style of hair that was, or is, or whatever, popular.  It's short with the back spiked to stick out, looking kind of like, well, a duck's butt.  My cousin said it was a haircut common among emo girls, and also said that he and his friends called sex with such a girl a Duck Butt Fuck.


You know how there's those cousins you got that always make you want to call bullshit on them? This is that time. Call bullshit on them. This is bullshit, right here. Duck Butt Fuck? That's a terrible joke, and a worse line of bullshit. It's bullshit; call it on them. Call bullshit on them.


Call bullshit on your cousin.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Rushmore Barbershop
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 05:48:58 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
You know how there's those cousins you got that always make you want to call bullshit on them? This is that time. Call bullshit on them. This is bullshit, right here. Duck Butt Fuck? That's a terrible joke, and a worse line of bullshit. It's bullshit; call it on them. Call bullshit on them.


Call bullshit on your cousin.


The Duck Butt Fuck was just used by him and his buddies.  They did make that up, and he made that clear, so there was no need to call bullshit on him.  And it was a terrible joke.

But, Duck Butt as the hair style has been confirmed by an ex-girlfriend and another relative, both hair dressers.

I have a friend who always makes me want to call bullshit on him.  I usually don't, because I think it's because of a problem.  The most recent gems:

-Most Americans are not Christian, and the majority of Americans are completely non-religious (it sounds like a weird statistic to pull out of one's ass, but it made sense in context).  But then we (his wife and I) found studies that indicated at least 70% (low estimate) are (that was one time I called bullshit--doesn't happen too often.  And was he ever pissed at his wife for looking it up).
-He saw Slint, a few years ago, when they opened for String Cheese Incident (he doesn't like the fact that I know about bands he doesn't, so he makes shit up).  Anyone familiar with Slint will know why I had a hard time not laughing.

This was high school for me.  Bullshit like this.  Back then it annoyed me, but I love the guy, and it makes for great stories.  When he's not around.  I usually don't call him on any of it because he gets really defensive and upset--even depressed sometimes.  Like I said, it's because of a problem.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Rushmore Barbershop
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 05:58:45 am »

Is your cousin's problem a lack of "book-learnin' " ?

Slint with String Cheese Incident is just fookin' laughable. Anybody can see that (except, apparently, your cousin).
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Rushmore Barbershop
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 05:09:21 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Is your cousin's problem a lack of "book-learnin' " ?

Slint with String Cheese Incident is just fookin' laughable. Anybody can see that (except, apparently, your cousin).


I don't think that was his cousin. I think that was his friend.

Still, "duck butt fuck"? I suspect this term is describing a hypothetical situation. I have a hard time believing a person who would use that phrase would ever have an opportunity to use that phrase to describe anything that actually occurred.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rushmore Barbershop
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 05:48:08 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Slint with String Cheese Incident is just fookin' laughable. Anybody can see that (except, apparently, your cousin).

Next you'll tell me that David Pajo played in fookin' Zwan.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rushmore Barbershop
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 06:16:02 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Did I mention that your barber looks a lot like a heavier James Woods?

No, but now that you mention it...  He's a pretty cool guy.  The first time I visited his shop he gave me a Life magazine from the week I was born.  I thought that was extremely generous.  While waiting for my haircut I was checking out the stuff stuck on the walls which is how I discovered the fact about Rushmore.  He's got pictures and clippings [pun] from articles in the local paper all in a nice frame.  On the table by the waiting chairs he's got a little boom box which was tuned to the alternative retro country show on the public radio station.  He also had about 30-40 cd's piled up beside it.  Upon closer inspection I noticed they were all Neil Young disc.  He later told me he's seen NY perform 25-30 times.  Pretty cool.

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
I may be imagining it, but I think I recognize that Rice banner?

I added Rushmore to my Netflix queue and moved it to the top of the list.  I'll be looking for all kinds of detail.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Rushmore Barbershop
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 06:52:09 pm »

Rushmore is worth owning. I am not trying to slam you for not owning it, I'm just saying I think it's that good.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Rushmore Barbershop
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 07:07:27 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Rushmore is worth owning. I am not trying to slam you for not owning it, I'm just saying I think it's that good.


Indeed. I watched it after catching Life Aquatic and falling in love with Wes Anderson straight off. Fantastic movies, the all, although I am yet to get round to grabbing Bottle Rocket (although there was a reference to it in something I watched the other week).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Rushmore Barbershop
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2005, 08:34:08 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Indeed. I watched it after catching Life Aquatic and falling in love with Wes Anderson straight off. Fantastic movies, the all, although I am yet to get round to grabbing Bottle Rocket (although there was a reference to it in something I watched the other week).


Bottle Rocket's my favorite of his, by a longshot.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1]   Go Up