Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs. Second part of April.  (Read 9122 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2005, 12:45:16 am »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
You guys are so cruel. Can't I continue living my lie in peace?


Note the "RETURNS THIS SUMMER" featured prominently and repeatedly on the official website.

I also enjoy this show, and would like to see much more of it.

Also: remember when the makers of Sledge Hammer! were so sure that the show was getting cancelled that they ended the season with Sledge fuck*ng up and setting off an atomic bomb? Because that was ballsy, and awesome, and then they got renewed anyway.

TRUST ME, I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2005, 02:06:29 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
You guys are so cruel. Can't I continue living my lie in peace?


Note the "RETURNS THIS SUMMER" featured prominently and repeatedly on the official website.


WE RETURN TUESDAY
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2005, 05:36:53 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Note the "RETURNS THIS SUMMER" featured prominently and repeatedly on the official website.


Yeah, I noticed that. Summer reruns are a good sign that it will probably be renewed. I'm just worried it won't get its timeslot back from the Seth MacFarlane Shitstorm when next season rolls around. It would just be salt on the wound if Arrested Development got exiled to tuesday nights just so they could show some goddamned Family Guy and American Dad reruns after the Simpsons.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2005, 01:17:46 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
It would just be salt on the wound if Arrested Development got exiled to tuesday nights just so they could show some goddamned Family Guy and American Dad reruns after the Simpsons.


It's only recently that I've realized that everybody does not like Family Guy.

Just please don't put me in a position where I have to choose between it and Arrested Development.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2005, 03:29:02 pm »

I'm in the Family Guy = not funny camp.  Arrested Development is better, but I wouldn't miss it if it were gone.  They need to bring back Futurama dammit.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2005, 03:46:32 pm »

I'm still writing letters so they'll bring back "Ned & Stacey" and "Flying Blind" (Tea Leoni was the sexiest woman to ever be in a TV show, and she's never looked as good since that show, for whatever reason).

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2005, 03:50:01 pm »

And it looks like Google really is spidering these pages (at least for Adsense).  The banner was for new episodes of Family Guy.

Sweet!

However, I am also of the camp who found that show insipid and can't believe it's as popular as it is.  I mean, I can understand why something insipid is popular - people are morons - but like, I can understand why "Mad About You" was popular, yet insipid, but Family Guy isn't even dumb funny, it's just unfunny.

Rosanne = dumb funny (not really funny but dumb people think it is because the jokes aren't too hard to figure out)

Family Guy = unfunny (jokes not present)

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2005, 03:57:57 pm »

I wouldn't say Family Guy is solid gold but I definitely think it's pretty funny.  Certainly funnier than most of the Futuramas I've seen (I tend to catch them both in close proximity on cartoon network, when I'm home and have a TV).
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2005, 04:22:37 pm »

I used to like Family Guy. then Fox cancelled it. Then Adult Swim picked it up and played the less than 70 episodes twice a day, five days a week. The more I watched it, the more I saw that the show wasn't very good. When you see it so much, you realize Seth MacFarlane's humor is maybe the most disposable on TV. It does not hold up to repeat viewings and no one in 10 years is going to think it's funny. Not to mention the characters are bland and  2 dimensional both design and personality-wise.

On the other hand, the audience doesn't seem to be very loyal, so I wonder if Fox won't end up cancelling it, what, a fourth time now?
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2005, 04:22:54 pm »

Anything that mocks the south automatically receives a few positive points. But in general I liked it best when it mocked what I expected to happen, thanks to years of crappy sit-coms. Like redirecting the parade and Peter actually having an orchestra to play sappy music.

And I still laugh every time I hear the "god help you if I find pickles!" line.

Now I've yet to detect even basic humor particles in King of the Hill or Tom Goes to the Mayor. They manged to even make Edward Herrmann non-entertaining.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2005, 05:47:22 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I'm still writing letters so they'll bring back "Ned & Stacey" and "Flying Blind" (Tea Leoni was the sexiest woman to ever be in a TV show, and she's never looked as good since that show, for whatever reason).


Me, I'm still mad about Grand.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2005, 06:33:02 pm »

I didn't know Grand, although am I alone in thinking Bonnie Hunt is way hotter than her sister?

Also, I think Rena Sofer is about one of the sexiest women on the planet, and am always disappointed when yet another show she's in is cancelled.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2005, 06:39:24 pm »

Futurama is excellent. Family Guy, I can kind of understand why people wouldn't like it, and I didn't first time I watched it, but then I warmed to it.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2005, 06:40:24 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I didn't know Grand, although am I alone in thinking Bonnie Hunt is way hotter than her sister?


If you're talking about Helen Hunt, I don't think the rumor of them being related is actually true.

If you're talking about some other Hunt, who are you talking about?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2005, 08:18:34 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
If you're talking about some other Hunt, who are you talking about?


Mike?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up