Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: having a job and hating oneself  (Read 13418 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2003, 02:25:44 am »

What makes you think JL is even a she?  That avatar?

Dude, avatars lie, like, all the time.

And I keep wanting to poke yours with a pin, Paul.  Is that wrong of me?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2003, 03:20:32 am »

The picture JL put up of herself on the rollercoaster was a she. But then anyone can post a pic too....I vote for She and Pregnant. If you are a dude, don't say anything, JL - a bunch of guys on this board will suddenly be VERY conflicted.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2003, 04:02:12 am »

Would you still want to poke my avatar with a pin if you knew that the eye belonged to this beautiful young lady?

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2003, 05:18:00 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Would you still want to poke my avatar with a pin if you knew that the eye belonged to this beautiful young lady?


Even more so.

Is that your daughter?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2003, 07:58:04 am »

All this time I thought that eye belonged to Debbie Reynolds.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2003, 02:27:56 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
The picture JL put up of herself on the rollercoaster was a she. But then anyone can post a pic too....I vote for She and Pregnant. If you are a dude, don't say anything, JL - a bunch of guys on this board will suddenly be VERY conflicted.


For goodness' sake.  I'm not pregnant.  I'm hoping to get myself knocked up sometime soon.  We practice every day.   :P   If that doesn't work out I'm quitting my job next fall to go to grad school full-time.  So this time next year, I'll be unemployed one way or the other.  

Sheesh.  Talk about getting personal.  

Here's a better picture of me to prove I'm not a dude.  That's my office in the background.  I have one of those cool self-stick bulletin boards.  It's neat.  

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2003, 06:10:47 pm »

[ducking and running]

So how does that photo prove you're not a dude?

[/ducking and running]

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2003, 06:11:40 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
My job:



You tape things for a living, Choop?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2003, 06:33:10 pm »

I think he means that he is a human tape dispenser.  

I hear that kind of work comes with good benefits.  Like, free tape.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2003, 07:18:44 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
My job:



You tape things for a living, Choop?


Is it not a red swingline? In which case he sits behind a desk and mumbles incoherently to himself about how unjust his treatment is.
And that he doesn't get paid for it either!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2003, 08:02:11 pm »

And he doesn't get birthday cake, and he is banished to the boiler room. But he does OK in the end...LOVE that reference!

JL doesn't have to prove anything by me. She is one hell of a nice looking dude and I hope he gets pregnant soon.

 :evil:
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2003, 10:32:16 pm »

Is beink metaphor for "Red Tape." I have a government job. Woo-freaking-hoo.




In Soviet Russia, tape dispenses you!

*ducks*

*runs*
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2003, 11:23:16 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Is beink metaphor for "Red Tape." I have a government job. Woo-freaking-hoo.




In Soviet Russia, tape dispenses you!

*ducks*

*runs*


::Slaps Choop repeatedly::
You OK now?
No but seriously... Wait there wasn't a seriously there.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2003, 01:47:41 am »

Quote from: "jough"

Is that your daughter?


That is the second time you've asked about my daughter, do you have a thing for my daughter?

Dude, if you are in fact a dude, I don't have a daughter.

She's just another girl who's good with computers.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2003, 01:50:50 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
JL doesn't have to prove anything by me. She is one hell of a nice looking dude and I hope he gets pregnant soon.


I concur, JL is one nice looking dude.

BTW, how come JL is the only dude on this board with enough balls to post a picture?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up