Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!  (Read 11527 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 02:19:59 pm »

Since when did owning a toy make you gay?  Or are you talking about something else?

Quote from: "revdj"
Remember when we used to feel BAD when a character died?


Yeah, Achewood is changing the way I see fiction.  Now death is something awesome.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 02:31:23 pm »

I can see Teodor digging heaven, just all white rooms and stuff, like being on the inside of an apple computer or something. Not sure why I assume Teodore would like apples, probably a graphic design association.

Quote from: "phillipe"
It was this weird rubber thing that looked kind of like a flashlight, but at the light bulb end it had this weird pink smile-type shape, with a hole in the middle!


Not sure if this is different to what you mean Null but I don't know if that makes him gay, maybe I'm misreading the description.
EDIT: And for that matter he's watching 'Breast attack on Fuck Mountain'
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005, 02:34:47 pm »

where did the bottle come from?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005, 02:35:10 pm »

Quote from: "revdj"
Remember when we used to feel BAD when a character died?


I was just thinking about all the amusement I've gotten out of various character deaths, yet I remember being actually worried about Phillipe during the Super Secret Ice Cream Shack episode.  

I guess accidental death = funny, serial murder = not funny.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005, 02:42:06 pm »

I might be alone on this, but although serial murders of known characters aren't funny (though I'd be more than happy to for Onstad to pull off a funny serial killing of a main character) nice Pete's story's about his murders are. I particularly like his trip to the dentist.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2005, 02:48:41 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
Isn't Teodore gay?


I've always thought of Teodore as bi-curious.  f'rinstance
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05142003
There are others but I don't have time to find them right now.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2005, 03:00:21 pm »

I think I would be totally cool with someone commiting the serial murder act on Pat. I mean, Nice Pete's RIGHT THERE.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2005, 03:03:48 pm »

Why does Teodor have a claw on his thumb?  He's a stuffed animal.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2005, 03:09:45 pm »

Well I guess if the bottle cap didn't get him, Breast Attack on Fuck Mountain would have.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2005, 03:23:31 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "Null"
Isn't Teodore gay?

I've always thought of Teodore as bi-curious.  f'rinstance
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05142003
There are others but I don't have time to find them right now.

And don't forget #####_come_off
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2005, 03:26:08 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
How the hell is this thread not titled "breast attack on fuck mountain?"  What the hell people.  What. the. hell.

But it is good to see a title that is not alt text or a punchline.
Logged
I am older now.

V-Adore

  • Guest
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2005, 03:37:17 pm »

Any bets that this will lead to a strip that is basically just Philippe crying for n panels, where n = the number of panels in the strip? Onstad does like drawing Philippe in tears, even if it's often physically painful to the audience.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2005, 05:18:33 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Any bets that this will lead to a strip that is basically just Philippe crying for n panels, where n = the number of panels in the strip? Onstad does like drawing Philippe in tears, even if it's often physically painful to the audience.


The fact is that Phillipe is fundamentally retarded and only funny when bad things happen to him.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2005, 06:49:16 pm »

Quote from: "antioch"
Quote from: "side_show"
How the hell is this thread not titled "breast attack on fuck mountain?"  What the hell people.  What. the. hell.

But it is good to see a title that is not alt text or a punchline.


I suppose my love of the term "fuck mountain" is too blinding for me to see beyond.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
4/28/05 - You're the real thing, asshole!
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2005, 07:38:10 pm »

Quote from: "phillipe"
It was this weird rubber thing that looked kind of like a flashlight, but at the light bulb end it had this weird pink smile-type shape, with a hole in the middle!


You people all know what this is, right? I don't have to spell it out, right? I'd consider this a fairly heterosexual device.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up