Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time killers  (Read 8765 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: games
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2003, 03:50:30 am »

Quote from: "satchel"
There are dozens of good, free, old school games at The Underdogs.


This site is absolutely wonderful.  I've now downloaded two games that I'd been yearning for since about '98.  I got Alien Crossfire the expansion pack for Alpha Centauri and an old NFL simulator from about 1986 that I loved because it was all strategy and did not require any manual dexterity.

I think I'm gonna download the Kroz games tomorrow.  That or Hammurabi.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Time killers
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2003, 04:13:07 pm »

Partly because this was getting off track and partly because these Modly powers were burning a whole in my virtual pocket I split off the Atari-talk.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Time killers
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2003, 05:27:19 pm »

Some of my great abandonware downloads have been:
Marble Madness
Alone in the Dark
Another World
Flashback
Commander Keen
Neuromancer
Prince of Persia
Tau Ceti (the space sim not the tube action game thing)

Needless to say there are many more old, old games I need to get, but it takes time!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Time killers
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2003, 06:19:16 pm »

Neuromancer was one of my favourites for the C64.  Does it include the soundtrack by Devo?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Time killers
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2003, 07:22:06 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Neuromancer was one of my favourites for the C64.  Does it include the soundtrack by Devo?


I'm not sure. I've not played it in a while, and it doesn't seem to work now. I'll have a look at it later and find out. It also may well have done, but setting up sound for a game that old isn't easy, since it is the old PC version of it, no the C64 version.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Time killers
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2003, 08:17:10 pm »

Quote from: "slink"

Commander Keen


There's my entire childhood, right there.  Oh man, the day I downloaded an emulator and the rom of that was awe-inspiring.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Time killers
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2003, 10:21:24 pm »

I owned the Neuromancer game, and on the box it said "Featuring music and scenes from the upcoming motion picture!"

So I waited for the movie.  And waited.  And it never came out.

IMDB only tells me this:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0379907/

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Time killers
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2003, 12:25:00 am »

I never played Commander Keen but I remember the shareware Duke Nukem apparently came with my version of DOS. I could never find all the damn keys and shit.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Time killers
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2003, 02:14:34 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I owned the Neuromancer game, and on the box it said "Featuring music and scenes from the upcoming motion picture!"

So I waited for the movie.  And waited.  And it never came out.

IMDB only tells me this:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0379907/


I'm somewhat glad the movie never happened, given what happened to Johnny Mnemonic when it got made.
I swear, if you ever get insomnia, put that movie on and you fall straight asleep!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Anarchy_Bowling

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Time killers
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2003, 01:08:51 pm »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
if you get a neo geo emulator, you can pick up a rom for this great fighting game called "time killers"


Hell yeah!  Let's hear it for chopping off limbs with a chainsaw.
Logged
Official US Representative to the Danish Ubergothy*

(*A system of government dedicated to the preservation of rock and the elmination of "That Guy".  You know who you are.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up